About Epson Action Printer 5000 Service Manual
Introduction Epson Action Printer 5000 Service Manual
Your new Epson Action Printer 5000 is an advanced 24-pin dot matrix printer that combines high performance with a wide range of features.
These features make yourEpson Action Printer 5000 an outstanding value:
- Fast printing speed. You can print up to 252 characters per second in 12 cpi draft mode.
- Easy paper handling. The printer has four paper paths to suit your printing needs: top, rear, bottom, and front.
- Automatic paper loading. The printer automatically loads single sheets and continuous paper.
- Epson ESC/P 2. This enhanced printer control language adds scalable fonts and improved graphics capability. With scalable fonts, you can print characters of various sizes.
- Compatibility. The printer supports the Epson ESC/P® commands widely used in application programs written for other Epson LQ and SQ printers.
- Unique control-panel design. You can choose from nine popular letter-quality fonts and one draft font.
The ActionPrinter 5000 and ActionPrinter 5500 are basically the same printer except for the width of their carriages. The ActionPrinter 5000 has a standard width carriage that accommodates paper up to 254 mm (10 inches) wide. The ActionPrinter 5500 has a wide carriage that accommodates paper up to 355.6 mm (14 inches) wide.
You may choose from several printer options to enhance your printer. For more information on these options, see Chapter 4 .
- Single-Bin Cut-Sheet Feeder (C80637* for ActionPrinter 5000, C80639* for ActionPrinter 5500) This economical cut-sheet feeder automatically feeds up to 50 sheets of paper into your printer without reloading. You can load continuous paper and manually load single sheets without removing the cut-sheet feeder.
- High-Capacity Cut-Sheet Feeder(C80638* for ActionPrinter 5000, C80640* for ActionPrinter 5500) This cut-sheet feeder automatically feeds up to 150 sheets of paper or 25 plain bond envelopes without reloading. You can create a double-bin cut-sheet feeder by connecting this cut-sheet feeder to the single-bin model.
- Pull-Tractor Unit (C80019* for ActionPrinter 5000, C80022* for ActionPrinter 5500) Although you can use the standard tractor as a pull tractor, using the optional pull tractor improves printing accuracy, which is especially useful for printing on continuous multi-part forms.
- Film Ribbon Cartridge (#7768 for ActionPrinter 5000, #7770 for ActionPrinter 5500) An optional film ribbon cartridge provides even higher quality printing than the standard fabric ribbon.
- Interface Cards Optional interface cards are available to supplement the printer’s built-in parallel interface. Guidlines for choosing the right interface and instructions on installing the cards are given in Chapter 4.
The last figure in option part numbers, represented by an asterisk (*), varies by country, Contact your local Epson dealer for the part number in your country.
TIPS FOR PRINTING ON SINGLE SHEETS
There are a few things you should know about printing on single sheets as opposed to continuous paper. When you print on single sheets, you may notice that your printer prints the first page of your file correctly but then prints too low on the next page, or that it prints the last few lines from one page onto the next.
These differences in print position are easy to adjust; you can simply change some of the settings in your application program as described below to get the right results.
- When you install an application program, it normally asks you what printer you are using. Make sure you choose the correct printer. See Chapter 1 for the right printer to choose.
- Many programs include an option to set the maximum lines per page. If your program has a lines-per-page setting and you are using standard 8½ X 11-inch paper, set the lines per page to 61.
- If your program doesn’t have a lines-per-page setting, try decreasing the top margin or increasing the bottom margin, or both, until you get the results you want.
- Note: To find the right lines-per-page setting for paper that is not 8½ X 11, create a test document using your application program. Set your top and bottom margins to 0 and then create a file of numbered lines from 1 to 66. When you print your file, notice the last number printed on the first page. This is your maximum lines-per-page setting.
- You can also try adjusting the form length setting. For a standard 8½ X 11-inch page, try setting the form length at 10 inches.
- Some programs also let you indicate whether you are using single sheets or continuous paper. Make sure you choose single sheets.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Read all of these instructions Epson Action Printer 5000 Service Manual and save them for later reference.
- Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
- Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning
- Do not use this product near water
- Do on anorTheproductmayfall,causingseriousdamagetotheproduct.
- Slots and openings in the cabinet and the back or bottom areprovided for ventilation;toensurereliableoperationofthe product and to protect it fromoverheating,theseopeningsmustnot be blockedorcovered.Theopeningsshouldneverbeblocked by placing the product onabed,sofa,rug,orothersimilarsurface.Thisproductshouldneverbeplacednearorover a radiatororheatregister.Thisproductshouldnotbeplaced in a built-in installation unless properventilationis
- This product should be operated from the type of power indicated onthemarkinglabel.Ifyouarenotsureofthetype ofpoweravailable,consultyourdealerorlocalpower
- This product is equipped witha3-wiregrounding-typeplug,aplug having athird(grounding)pin.Thisplugwillonlyfitinto a grounding-type poweroutlet.Thisisasafetyfeature.Ifyouare unable to insert the plugintotheoutlet,contactyourelectrician to replace your obsolete outlet.Donotdefeatthe purpose of the grounding-typeplug.
- Do not locate this product where the cord will be walked on.
- If anextensioncordisusedwiththisproduct,makesurethat the total of the ampere ratings on the products plugged into the extensioncorddoesnotexceedtheextensioncordampererating. Also, makesurethatthetotalofall productspluggedinto the wall outlet does not exceed 15amperes.
- Never push objects of any kind into thisproductthroughcabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage pointsor short out parts that could result in a riskoffireorelectric shock.Neverspillliquidofanykindontheproduct.
- Except as specifically explained in theUser’sManual,donotattempt to service this productyourself.Openingorremovingthose covers that aremarked“DoNotRemove”mayexposeyou to dangerous voltage points or other risks. Refer allservicinginthose compartments to servicepersonnel.
- Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing qualified service personnel under the following conditions:
- When the power cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
- If liquid has been spilled into the product.
- If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
- If the product does not operate normally when the operating instructions are followed. Adjust only those controls that are covered bytheoperatinginstructionssinceimproper adjustment of other controls may result indamageandwilloften require extensive workbyaqualifiedtechniciantorestore the product to normaloperation.
- If the product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
- If the product exhibits a distinct change in performance, indicating a need for service
Read More Epson Action Printer 5000 Service Manual on PDF below