About Epson EPL-5700L-5700I Service Manual
Epson EPL-5700L-5700I Service Manual describes basic functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance and repair procedures of EPL-5700L/5700i. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technicians, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as follows:
CHAPTER 1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Provides a general overview and specifications of the product.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of electrical and mechanical operations of the product.
CHAPTER 3. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides the step-by-step procedures for troubleshooting.
CHAPTER 4. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Describes the step-by-step procedures for disassembling and assembling the product.
CHAPTER 5. ADJUSTMENTS
Provides Epson-approved methods for adjustment.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Provides preventive maintenance procedures and the lists of Epson-approved lubricants and adhesives required for servicing the product.
CHAPTER 7. APPENDIX
Provides the following additional information for reference:
- Connector Pin Assignments
- Circuit Board Component Layout
- Exploded Diagrams and ASP List
- Circuit Diagram
Epson EPL-5700L-5700I FEATURES
The following shows features of EPL-5700L/5700i.
Epson EPL-5700L-5700I ENGINE
- Compact, light weight A4 engine
- 600 dpi resolution, 8 ppm printing speed
- Standard paper feeding is by a cassette-like universal paper tray (150 sheets) and a manual feed tray (1 sheet).
- Option al paper feed ing is bya A4 or LT lower paper feeder unit (500 sheets ).
Epson EPL-5700L-5700I CONTROLLER
- A newly developed host-based controller
CPU: TMP95C001, TOSHIBA
EDO RAM or FastPage RAM (60 ns)
ECP compatible parallel I/F which conforms to IEEE 1284
- Mounted with RITech , Enhanced MicroGray
- An underline error may occur when printing a complicated image with 600 dpi Enhanced MicroGray printing.
- Mounted with Toner Save Mode
- Mounted with bi-directional I/F (IEEE1284)
A host -based printer is possible.
- Data compression technology
By sending compressed data from the host, printing with a 2MB memory is possible.
The compressed data is expanded in real-time by the expansion circuit and transferred to the engine.
Speed is enhanced by compressed data expansion hardware.
- The followin g functions can be upgraded and speed can be increased by RAMS IMM expansion .
Enhanced MicroGray printing
Receive buffer capacity
RESTRICTIONS / DIFFERENCES WITH EPL-5700
- A network I/F, including external attachment cannot be used.
- Fonts are not installed.
- The emulation is not installed.
- Only the Windows 95/98, Windows NT 4.0 and Macintosh operating systems (8.1 or later) are supported.
- The ROP and fill methods change, so there may be differences in the output.
- When using halftones, the printed image may be different.
- There are differences with operation when “Toner out” occurs.
- The driver UI is different.
- It can only be connected to a Macintosh with a standard USB connection. Optional USB board is not guaranteed.
- With the standard memory, printing at 600 dpi with MicroGray ON may not be possible. Also, for a host that is not capable of ECP communication, printing may not be possible with standard memory.
- The printer status can be displayed on the screen and printing is possible upon user’s request.
- The recommended host environments are: Windows:
Pentium 233 MHz and 64 MB RAM or more
G3 233 MHz and 64 MB RA M or more
- For Windows NT 4.0, EPSON Printer Port Monitor must be installed to use ECP.
- Even if the option RAM is expanded by 16 MB or more, only a maximum of 13 MB is valid.
- When using parallel connection, printing is not possible if bi- directional communication is hindered by the following conditions.
There is a printer selecting switch between the PC and the printer for parallel connection.
Old PC that does not support bi-directional communication is used.
Unspecified cables are used.
- If there is no paper in the MP tray, the paper size will become unclear.
- Status sheet printing cannot be performed by the printer itself.
- The printer cannot be shared in a Macintosh network.
Read More Epson EPL-5700L-5700I Service Manual on PDF Below