Trane TCONT802AS32DA Istallation Instructions
The TCONT802AS32DA and TCONT803AS32DA Touch Screen Comfort Controls provide electronic control of 24 Vac heating and cooling systems. See Table 1 for a general description
Trane TCONT802AS32DA INSTALLATION
When Installing this Product...
- Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions can damage the product or cause a hazardous condition.
- Installer must be a trained, experienced service technician.
- After completing installation, use these instructions to check out the product operation.
Do not install the comfort control where it can be affected by:
- Drafts or dead spots behind doors and in corners.
- Hot or cold air from ducts.
- Radiant heat from sun or appliances.
- Concealed pipes and chimneys.
- Unheated (uncooled) areas such as an outside wall behind the comfort control
Trane TCONT802AS32DA Wallplate Installation
The comfort control can be mounted horizontally on the wall or on a 4 in. x 2 in. (101.6 mm x 50.8 mm) wiring box.
- Position and level the wallplate (for appearance only).
- Use a pencil to mark the mounting holes.
- Remove the wallplate from the wall and, if drywall, drill two 3/16-in. holes in the wall, as marked. For firmer material such as plaster, drill two 7/32-in. holes. Gently tap anchors (provided) into the drilled holes until flush with the wall.
- Position the wallplate over the holes, pulling wires through the wiring opening. See Fig. 2.
- Insert mounting screws into the holes and tighten.
Trane TCONT802AS32DA WIRING
All wiring must comply with local electrical codes and ordinances.
- Select set of terminal identifications (Table 2) that corresponds with system type (heat/cool or heat pump in Fig. 3).
- Loosen the screws for the appropriate system type selected; see Table 2. Insert wires in the terminal block under the loosened screw. See Fig. 4.
- Securely tighten each screw.
- Push excess wire back into the hole.
- Plug the hole with nonflammable insulation to prevent drafts from affecting the comfort control.
Readmore and Download Trane TCONT802AS32DA Istallation Instructions
|Title||: Trane TCONT802AS32DA Istallation Instructions|
|Pages||: 67 Pages|
|File Size||: 1 MB|