About 2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Owners Manual (User Manual)
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Owners Manual
This 2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Owners Manual has been prepared with the assistance of service and engineering specialists to acquaint you with the operation and maintenance of your new vehicle. It is supplemented by a Warranty Information Booklet and various customer oriented documents. You are urged to read these publications carefully. Following the instructions and recommendations in this 2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Owners Manual will help assure safe and enjoyable operation of your vehicle.
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Table Of Content
- THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE
- UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR INSTRUMENT PANEL
- STARTING AND OPERATING
- WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES
- MAINTAINING YOUR VEHICLE
- MAINTENANCE SCHEDULES
- IF YOU NEED CONSUMER ASSISTANCE
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Replacement Keys
NOTE: Only keys that have been programmed to thevehicle electronics can be used to start the vehicle. Once a Sentry Key has been programmed to a vehicle, it can
not be programmed to any other vehicle. At the time of purchase, the original owner is provided with a four digit PIN number. This number is required for dealer replacement of keys. Duplication of keys may be performed at an authorized dealer or by using the Customer Key Programming procedure. This procedure
consists of programming a blank key to the vehicleelectronics. A blank key is one which has never been programmed.
NOTE: When having the Sentry Key Immobilizer System serviced, bring all vehicle keys with you to the dealer.
Customer Key Programming You can program new keys to the system if you have two valid sentry keys by doing the following:
- Cut the additional Sentry Key Transponder blank(s) to match the ignition switch lock cylinder key code.
- Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON for at least 3 seconds but no longer than 15 seconds. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the first key.
- Insert the second valid key and turn the ignition switch ON within 15 seconds. After ten seconds a chime will sound and the Theft Alarm Light will begin to flash. Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the second key.
- Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch ON within 60 seconds. After 10 seconds a single chime will sound. The Theft Alarm Light will stop flashing, turn on again for 3 seconds; then turn off. The new Sentry Key has been programmed. Repeat this process to program up to a total of 8 keys.
The Sentry Key system complies with FCC rules part 15 and with RSS-210 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to the following conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference that may bereceived, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 STEERING WHEEL LOCK
Your vehicle is equipped with a passive steering wheel lock. This lock prevents steering the vehicle without the ignition key. If the steering wheel is rotated no more than 1/2 turn in either direction and the key is not in the ignition switch, the steering wheel will lock.
To manually lock the steering wheel:
With the engine running, rotate the steering wheel 1/2 turn, turn off the engine and remove the key. Turn the steering wheel slightly in either direction until the lock engages.
To release the steering wheel lock:
Insert the key in the ignition switch and start the engine. If the key is difficult to turn, rotate the wheel slightly to the right or left to disengage the lock.
NOTE: If you turned the wheel to the right to engage the lock, you must turn the wheel slightly to the right to disengage it. If you turned the wheel to the left to engage the lock, turn the wheel slightly to the left to disengage it. An unlocked car is an invitation to thieves. Always remove the key from the ignition and lock all the doors when leaving the vehicle unattended.
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 DOOR LOCKS
Dodge Neon SRT4 Manual Door Locks
All doors are equipped with a rocker-type interior door lock. To lock a door when leaving your vehicle, press the rocker switch to the LOCK position and close the door. NOTE: To avoid accidentally locking your keys in the vehicle, make sure you have them with you before closing any door.
Dodge Neon SRT4 Power Door Locks
A power door lock switch is on each front door panel. Press this switch to lock or unlock the doors. Central Locking/Unlocking All vehicle doors are locked with the first turn of the key to the LOCK position. The double activation feature requires you to turn the key in the cylinder lock two times within five seconds to UNLOCK all vehicle doors at once.
You may disable this feature and unlock all the doors with one turn of the key by performing the following procedure:
NOTE: Steps 2 and 3 must be completed within 10 seconds.
- Close all doors and place the key in the ignition switch.
- Cycle the ignition switch ON/OFF four times ending in the OFF position.
- Press the interior door lock switch to the UNLOCK position.
Readmore and Download 2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Owners Manual
|Title||: 2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Owners Manual|
|Pages||: 216 Pages|
|File Size||: 8 MB|