About 2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback Navigation Owners Manual
Warnings and Safety information
The navigation system guides you to your destination using the GNSS (GPS+GLONASS) receiver. The navigation system does not transmit your GPS
position and you cannot be tracked. It is important that you look at the display only when it is safe to do so. If you are the driver of the vehicle, we recommend that you operate the navigation system before you start your journey. Plan the route before your departure and stop if you need to change the route.
Drive the vehicle according to the road signs and the road shape. If you deviate from the recommended route, the navigation system changes the instructions accordingly. For more information, consult the End-User Terms on the 2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback Navigation Owners Manual (page 78).
Convenient operating tips for using the voice recognition function
Examples of effective voice commands in various categories are displayed on the voice recognition top screen. It would be convenient to know these usable voice commands in advance.
- The voice commands indicated in this manual are some examples of usable voice commands.
- When the Barge-In setting is on, voice commands can be made even while the voice guidance is being announced. For details on Barge-In, refer to the Settings section in the Mazda Connect Owner’s Manual.
To prevent mistaken voice recognition, be aware of the following points:
- Speaking in a slightly louder voice will improve voice recognition, but an excessively loud voice is unnecessary. Try to speak in a slightly louder voice than when talking to other passengers in the vehicle.
- You do not need to speak slowly. Speak at a normal speed.
- Speak clearly, without pausing between words or numbers.
- Voice commands other than those specified, cannot be recognized. Speak in the wording specified by the voice commands.
- It is not necessary to face the microphone or approach it. Speak the voice commands while maintaining a safe driving position.
- Make sure that the air flow from the air conditioner is not blowing on the microphone
- When making voice commands during a voice guidance, speak in a slightly louder voice. But, an excessively loud voice is unnecessary.
- If the voice recognition is poor with the guidance volume set to high, set the Barge-In to OFF.
Read More 2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback Navigation Owners Manual on PDF Below