Craftsman Yt 4500 Operators Manual
Craftsman Yt 4500 PRODUCT SPECIFiCATiONS
Gasoline Capacity 3 Gallons
and Type: Unleaded Regular
Oil Type API-SG-SL):
SAE 10W30 (above 32°F)
SAE 5W30 (below 32°F)
Oil Capacity: w/Filter:
Spark Plug: Champion RC12YC (Gap: .030")
Craftsman Yt 4500 TOOLS REQUIRED FOR ASSEMBLY
A socket wrench set will make assembly easier. Standard wrench sizes you need are listed below.
(1) 3/4" wrench
(1) 9/16" wrench
(1) Utility knife
(1) Tire pressure gauge
NOTE: You may now roll your tractor off the skid. Follow the appropriate instruction below to remove the tractor from the skid.
When right or left hand is mentioned in this manual, it means, from your point of view, when you are in the operating position (seated behind the steering wheel).
TO REMOVE TRACTOR FROM CARTON UNPACK CARTON
- Remove all accessible loose parts and parts cartons from carton.
- Cut along dashed lines on all four panels of carton. Remove end panels and lay side panels flat.
- Remove mower and packing materials.
- Check for any additional loose aprts or cartons and remove.
Craftsman Yt 4500 TO ROLL TRACTOR OFF SKID
(See Operation section for location and function of controls)
- Raise attachment lift lever to its highest position.
- Release parking brake by depressing brake pedal.
- Place freewheel control in "transmission disengaged position" (See "TO TRANSPORT" in the Operation section of this manual).
- Roll tractor forward off skid.
Craftsman Yt 4500 CHECK BATTERY
Lift hood to raised position.
NOTE: If this battery is put into service after month and year indicated on label (L) (label is located between terminals) charge battery for minimum of one hour at 6-10 amps. (See "BATTERY" in Maintenance section of this manual for charging instructions).
ASSEMBLE FRONT WHEEL TO MOWER
Using shoulder bolt, washer and tocknut from parts bag, assemble front wheel to mower as shown. Tighten securely.
Craftsman Yt 4500 ADJUST SEAT
- Sit in seat.
- Lift up adjustment lever (A) and slide seat until a comfortable position is reached which allows you to press clutch/brake pedal all the way down.
- Release lever to lock seat in position.
Craftsman Yt 4500 INSTALL MOWER AND DRIVE BELT
See MOWER AND DRIVE BELT ASSEMBLY Supplement Sheet for additional guidance on this assembly. Be sure tractor is on level surface and engage parking brake.
- Lower attachment lift lever to it's lowest position. _, CAUTION: Lift lever is spring loaded. Have a tight grip on lift lever, lower it slowly and engage in lowest position.
- Turn steering wheel to the left as far as it will go and position mower on right side of tractor with deflector shield to the right.
- Pivot bar towards you and insert other end of bar into hole in rear mower bracket (D). Move mower as needed to insert bar.
- Secure with washer and retainer spring as shown.
- Remove plastic tie securing belt, bring belt forward and check belt for proper routing in all mower pulley grooves.
- Slide mower under tractor until it is centered under tractor.
- FIRST INSTALL ANTI-SWAY BAR (S).
- From right side of mower, insert ant-sway bar into hole in transmission bracket (T).
- ATTACH MOWER SIDE SUSPENSION ARMS (A) TO CHASSIS - Position hole in arm over pin (B) on outside of tractor chassis and secure with washer and retainer spring.
- Repeat on opposite side of tractor.
- NOTE: Be sure mower side suspension arms (A) are pointing forward before sliding mower under tractor.
- ATTACH REAR LIFT LINKS (C) - Insert rod end of link assembly into hole in tractor lift shaft suspension arm (L) and pivot link down to mower. Lift rear corner of mower and position slot in link assembly over pin on rear mower bracket (D) and secure with washer and retainer spring.
- Repeat on opposite side of tractor.
Readmore Craftsman Yt 4500 Operators Manual PDF