Whirlpool WRF535SWHZ 36-inch Wide French Door Refrigerator with Water Dispenser - 25 cu. ft.
Whirlpool WRF535SWHZ INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Whirlpool WRF535SWHZ Remove the Packaging
- Remove tape and glue residue from surfaces before turning on the refrigerator. Rub a small amount of liquid dish soap over the adhesive with your fingers. Wipe with warm water and dry.
- Do not use sharp instruments, rubbing alcohol, flammable fluids, or abrasive cleaners to remove tape or glue. These products can damage the surface of your refrigerator. For more information, see “Refrigerator Safety.”
- Dispose of/recycle all packaging materials.
When Moving Your Refrigerator:Your refrigerator is heavy. When moving the refrigerator for cleaning or service, be sure to cover the floor with cardboard or hardboard to avoid floor damage. Always pull the refrigerator straight out when moving it. Do not wiggle or “walk” the refrigerator when trying to move it, as floor damage could occur.
Clean Before Using
After you remove all of the package materials, clean the inside of your refrigerator before using it. See the cleaning instructions in “Refrigerator Care.”
Important information to know about glass shelves and covers:Do not clean glass shelves or covers with warm water when they are cold. Shelves and covers may break if exposed to sudden temperature changes or impact, such as bumping.Tempered glass is designed to shatter into many small, pebble-sized pieces. This is normal. Glass shelves and covers are heavy. Use both hands when removing them to avoid dropping.
Whirlpool WRF535SWHZ Connect to Refrigerator
Depending on your model, the water line may come down from the top or up from the bottom. Follow the connection instructions for your model.
- Remove plastic cap from water valve inlet port. Attach the copper tube to the valve inlet using a compression nut and sleeve as shown. Tighten the compression nut. Do not overtighten. Confirm copper tubing is secure by pulling on copper tubing.
- Create a service loop with the copper tubing. Avoid kinks when coiling the copper tubing. Secure copper tubing to refrigerator cabinet with a “P” clamp.
- Turn on water supply to refrigerator and check for leaks. Correct any leaks.
- Create a service loop (minimum diameter of 2 ft [61 cm]) with the copper tubing. Avoid kinks when coiling the copper tubing.
- Remove the plastic cap from water valve inlet port. Place a compression nut and sleeve on the copper tubing.
- Insert the end of the copper tubing into the water valve inlet port. Shape tubing slightly so that the tubing feeds straight into the port to avoid kinks.
- Slide the compression nut over the sleeve and screw into the water valve inlet port.
- Tighten all screws. Set aside the door until hinges and freezer compartment drawer are in place.
- Remove the freezer handle assembly as shown in Graphic 4. Keep all parts together.
- Remove door stop. Move to opposite side of freezer door as shown in Graphic 3.
- Attach handle to opposite side of freezer door.
- Tighten all screws. Set the door aside.
- Remove the base grille by grasping the grille firmly with both hands and pulling it toward you. NOTE: Place a shim under the bottom front edge of the refrigerator cabinet to take the weight off the roller brackets.
- Remove the screws from both roller brackets. See Graphic 6.
- Remove the hinge plate located behind the roller bracket and move it to the opposite side of the refrigerator. Move the hinge pin and shim to the outside hole on the hinge plate. See Graphic 6.
Readmore and Download Whirlpool WRF535SWHZ User Manual PDF below