Operational Safety Xerox ColorQube 8580 User Guide
This Xerox ColorQube 8580 section includes:
- Printer Location on page 12
- Operational Guidelines on page 12
- Printer Supplies on page 13
Your printer and supplies were designed and tested to meet strict safety requirements. These include safety agency examination, approval, and compliance with established environmental standards. Your attention to the following safety guidelines helps to ensure the continued, safe operation of your printer.
Printer Xerox ColorQube 8580 Location
- Do not block or cover the slots or openings on the printer. These openings are provided for ventilation and to prevent overheating of the printer.
- Place the printer where there is adequate space for operation and servicing. For details, see Clearance Requirements on page 180.
- Place the printer in a dust-free area.
- Do not store or operate the printer in an extremely hot, cold, or humid environment. For optimum performance environmental specifications, see Environmental Specifications on page 181.
- Place the printer on a level, solid, non-vibrating surface with adequate strength to hold the weight of the printer. The base printer weight, without any packaging materials, is approximately 27.4 kg (60.5 lb.).
- Do not place the printer near a heat source.
- Do not place the printer where it is directly exposed to the cold air flow from an air conditioning system.
- Place the printer in an area within a temperature range of 10°–32°C / 50°–90°F and a relative humidity range of 10–80% non-condensing. Operational Guidelines
- Do not open or remove the paper source tray that you selected in either the printer driver or control panel while the printer is printing.
- Do not open the doors while the printer is printing.
- Do not move the printer while it is printing.
- Do not move the printer while the ink is still hot; wait 30 minutes for the printer to cool down after shutting down using the shutdown sequence. For details, see Precautions for Moving the Printer on page 137.
- Keep hands, hair, neckties, etc., away from the exit and feed rollers.
- Use the printer at elevations below 2480 m (8,000 ft.)
- Use the supplies specifically designed for your printer. The use of unsuitable materials may cause poor performance and a possible safety hazard.
- Follow all warnings and instructions marked on, or supplied with, the printer, options, and supplies.
- Do not attempt any maintenance procedure that is not specifically described in the documentation supplied with your printer.
- Do not use aerosol cleaners. Clean the printer with a dry, lint-free cloth only unless otherwise specified.
- Do not burn any consumables or routine maintenance items. For information on Xerox supplies recycling programs, go to:
- ColorQube 8570 printer: www.xerox.com/gwa
- ColorQube 8870 printer: www.xerox.com/gwa