About HP 2300 Printer Service Manual
HP 2300 Printer Service Manual - The HP LaserJet 2300 series printer is available in six configurations. Note The illustrations in this guide are based on the HP LaserJet 2300 printer model unless otherwise stated. To find out which HP LaserJet 2300 configuration you have, look at the label on the front of the printer.
HP LaserJet 2300L
The HP LaserJet 2300L printer prints letter-size paper at speeds up to 20 pages per minute (ppm) or A4-size paper at up to 19 ppm. It comes with a built-in 250-sheet tray, a parallel and a universal serial bus (USB) port, and 32 MB RAM. The printer is expandable, and has one available enhanced input/output (EIO) slot and two dual inline memory module (DIMM) slots for adding a network print server card, fonts, and memory.
HP LaserJet 2300
The HP LaserJet 2300 printer is the same as the HP LaserJet 2300L printer, except that it prints at speeds up to 25 ppm for letter-size paper and 24 ppm for A4-size paper.
HP LaserJet 2300d
The HP LaserJet 2300d printer is the same as the HP LaserJet 2300 printer, except that the printer comes with 48 MB RAM and automatically duplexes (prints on both sides of paper).
HP LaserJet 2300n
The HP LaserJet 2300n printer is the same as the HP LaserJet 2300 printer, except that it is designed for network users. It comes with a full-featured HP Jetdirect EIO print server card (for connecting to a 10/100Base-TX network) and 48 MB RAM.
HP LaserJet 2300dn
The HP LaserJet 2300dn printer is the same as the HP LaserJet 2300n printer, except that the printer also automatically duplexes (prints on both sides of paper).
HP LaserJet 2300dtn
The HP LaserJet 2300dtn printer is the same as the HP LaserJet 2300dn printer, except that it has an additional 500-sheet tray.
HP 2300 Printer features
The following table describes the features of the HP LaserJet 2300 series printers.
- The HP LaserJet 2300L prints on letter-size paper at speeds up to 20 pages per minute (ppm) or A4-size paper at up to 19 ppm.
- All other models print on letter-size paper at speeds up to 25 ppm or A4-size paper at up to 24 ppm.
- Automatic two-sided (duplex) printing is a standard feature of the HP LaserJet 2300d, HP LaserJet 2300dn, and HP LaserJet 2300dtn printers.
|Print cartridge and status
- The 6,000-page HP Smart Print Cartridge detects and reports toner status.
- The no-shake design maximizes toner use.
- The supplies status page provides a toner gauge, page count, and information about paper sizes that have been used
|Excellent print quality
- FastRes 1200 produces 1200-dpi print quality for fast, high-quality printing of business text and graphics.
- ProRes 1200 produces 1200-dpi printing for the best quality in line art and graphic images.
- Adjustable settings optimize print quality.
- The HP Smart Print Cartridge produces crisp, sharp output.
|Flexible paper handling
- Use tray 1 (the multipurpose tray) for letterhead, envelopes, labels, transparencies, custom-sized media, postcards, and heavy paper.
- Use the adjustable 250-sheet tray (tray 2 or tray 3) for standard sizes of paper.
- Use the 500-sheet tray (tray 3) for letter and A4-size paper.
- Two output bins are available: select either the top output bin or the rear output bin for the most appropriate output location, depending on media type.
- A straight-through paper path is available from tray 1 to the rear output bin.
- Built-in automatic two-sided (duplex) printing is available for the HP LaserJet 2300d, HP LaserJet 2300dn, and HP LaserJet 2300dtn printers.
- A 250-sheet or 500-sheet tray is available, so that you do not have to add paper as often.
- One EIO card slot is available for interface.
- Three DIMM slots are available, two for adding memory and fonts.
|Printer languages and
- Fast printing performance, advanced font and graphics technologies, and advanced imaging capabilities are benefits of the PCL 6 printer language.
- The PCL 6 technology also includes 45 scalable TrueType™ fonts and one bitmapped line printer font.
- The other available languages and fonts are HP PCL5e and PostScript® (PS) 3 emulation, which includes 35 built-in PS language fonts.
- The printer automatically determines and switches to the appropriate language for the print job.
|Interface connections and
- The printer includes a bidirectional ECP type-B parallel port
- (IEEE-1284 compliant) and a USB port (compatible with 1.1 and 2.0 lowand full-speed certified devices)
- The printer has an EIO slot for HP Jetdirect EIO print servers so that you can connect quickly and easily.
|Enhanced memory and
- The HP LaserJet 2300 series printers come with either 32 MB or 48 MB of memory and can be expanded to 288 or 304 MB, respectively, with the available memory (DIMM) slots. Most documents can be printed by using the standard amount of printer memory.
- The printer automatically conserves electricity by reducing power consumption when it is not printing.
- When the PowerSave feature is activated, the printer conserves energy when it is not in use.
- As an ENERGY STAR® partner, Hewlett-Packard Company has determined that this product meets ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency.
- N-up printing saves paper by printing multiple pages on one sheet of media.
- Automatic two-sided printing with the built-in duplexer saves paper (the built-in duplexer is included only with the HP LaserJet 2300d,
- HP LaserJet 2300dn, and HP LaserJet 2300dtn printers).
- Printing in EconoMode saves toner.
Read More HP 2300 Printer Service Manual on PDF Below