About Hunter 20177 52 Kensington User Manual
Hunter 20177 52 Kensington Wiring
All wiring must be in accordance with national and local electrical codes and ANSI/NFPA 70. If you are unfamiliar with wiring, use a qualified electrician. Wall switches are not included. Select an acceptable general-use switch in accordance with national and local electrical codes.
4-1. Before attempting installation, make sure the power is still off.
4-2. To connect the wires, hold the bare metal leads together and place a wire connector over them, then twist clockwise until tight. For all these connections use the wire connectors provided.
4-3. Connect the bare or green ground wire (grounding) from the ceiling to the green ground wire (grounding) from the ceiling plate and the green ground wire (grounding) from the fan. If you chose the low profile option, the green ground wire from the fan can be found on the low profile washer.
4-4. Connect the white wire (grounded) from the ceiling to the white wire (grounded) from the fan.
4-5. Connect the remaining wires as follows:
Dual Switch Wiring:
- The black wire (ungrounded) from the ceiling to the black wire (ungrounded) from the fan
- The black wire with a white stripe (ungrounded) from the fan to the wire (ungrounded) for the wall switch
Single Switch Wiring:
- The black wire (ungrounded) from the ceiling to the black (ungrounded) and the black wire with a white stripe (ungrounded) from the fan
CAUTION: Be sure no bare wire or wire strands are visible after making connections.
4-6. Turn the splices upward and push them carefully back through the ceiling plate into the outlet box.
4-7. Spread the wires apart, with the grounded wires on one side of the outlet box and the ungrounded wires on the other side of the outlet box.
To install a ceiling fan, be sure you can do the following:
- Locate the ceiling joist or other suitable support in ceiling.
- Drill holes for and install wood screws.
- Identify and connect electrical wires.
- Lift 40 pounds.
If you need help installing the fan, your Hunter fan dealer can direct you to a licensed installer or electrician.
Gathering the Tools
You will need the following tools for installing the fan:
- Electric drill with 9/64” bit
- Standard screwdriver (magnetic tip recommended)
- Phillips-head screwdriver (magnetic tip recommended)
- Wrench or pliers
- Ladder (height dependent upon installation site)
Checking Your Fan Parts
Carefully unpack your fan to avoid damage to the fan parts. Refer to the included Parts Guide. Check for any shipping damage to the motor or fan blades. If any parts are missing or damaged, contact your Hunter dealer or call Hunter Technical Support Department at 888-830-1326 (In Canada, call 1-866-268-1936).
Radmore and Download Hunter 20177 52 Kensington User Manual PDF Below