Hunter 42999b Owners Manual
Congratulations! Your new Hunter thermostat will provide years of reliable service.Using this digital thermostat will provide more uniform comfort inyour home through the seasons. Thank you for buying a Hunter product! Please read this Hunter 42999b Owners Manual for complete instructions on installing andoperating your thermostat.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION Hunter 42999b Owners Manual
- This thermostat is designed to work on the following systems:
- Oil - Fired Boilers
- Oil - Fired Furnace
- Electric Furnace
- Gas - Standing Pilot
- Gas - Electronic Ignition
- Gas - Fired Boilers
- Gas - Milivolt Systems
- Electric Air Conditioning. This thermostat will NOT control single-stage or multi-stage heatpumps or 110/220 V baseboard electric heating systems.
- Temperature RangeThis thermostat can be set between 45°F and 95°F (7°C and 35°C).However, it will display room temperatures from 30°F to 99°F (0°Cand 37°C). “HI” will be displayed if the temperature is higher than99°F (37°C), and “LO” will be displayed if the temperature is lowerthan 30°F (0°C).This thermostat will automatically cutoff in Heat mode if the tem-perature rises above 95°F (35°C), and automatically cutoff in Coolmode if the temperature drops below 45°F (7°C).
- Compressor ProtectionThis thermostat provides a 3.5 minute delay after shutting off thecooling system before it can be restarted. This feature will preventdamage to your compressor caused by rapid cycling. It does notprevent a rapid compressor restart due to short power outages.
- Battery WarningTwo fresh AA alkaline batteries should provide well over one yearof service. However, when the batteries become drained, the LowBattery Indicator will flash on the display. When this message oc-curs, install new alkaline batteries. You have approximately 1 minuteto change the batteries and keep the thermostat’s settings. Oncethe batteries have become too low to ensure proper operation,your system will be turned Off, and the display will be cleared ex-cept for flashing Low Battery Indicator on the LCD display.
CAUTION: When only the battery icon flashes on the display,the thermostat is shut down, and your system will no longeroperate. In this condition, there is no temperature control ofyour dwelling.
NOTE: If you plan to be away from the premises over 30 days, werecommend that you replace the old batteries with new alkalinebatteries prior to leaving.
Hunter 42999B FEATURES
Hunter 42999B INSTALLATION
What You Need
This thermostat includes two #8 slotted screws and two wall an-chors for mounting. To install your thermostat, you should havethe following tools and materials.
- Slotted Screwdriver(s)
- Small Philips screwdriver
- Electric drill and 3/16” bit
- Two 1.5 V (AA) size alkaline batteries
Remove Old Thermostat
CAUTION: Do not remove any wiring from existing thermo-stat before reading the instructions carefully. Wires must belabeled prior to removal.
IMPORTANT! Turn off the power to the furnace at the mainpower panel or at the furnace.
Remove existing thermostat cover and thermostat. See Figure 1. Some thermostats will have screws or other locking devices thatmust first be removed. Once the wall mounting plate is exposed,look for wires.If wires are not visible, they may be connected to the back of thewallplate. Again, look for screws, tabs, etc. Some models have doorsthat open to expose wires and mounting screws. See Figure 1
Readmore and DownloadHunter 42999b Owners Manual
|Title||: Hunter 42999b Owners Manual|
|Pages||: 2 Pages|
|File Size||: 2 MB|