Honeywell RTH230B Installation Manual and User Guide
Honeywell RTH230B Installation Manual
The RTH230B programmable thermostat can be used to control:
- a gas, fuel oil or electric furnace - 2 or 3 wires
- a central air conditioner - 2 or 3 wires
- a hot water system with or without pump - 2 wires
- a millivolt system - 2 wires
- a central heating and cooling system - 4 or 5 wires
Note: This thermostat is not compatible with heat pumps or multistage systems.
Honeywell RTH230B Features
- System operating mode selection: heat, cool or off
- Fan operating mode selection: automatic or on (continuous)
- Programmable heating and cooling cycle lengths: 10, 12, 15, 20 or 30 minutes
- Temperature display in °F or °C
- Battery replacement indicator
- 5-2 programming including:
- Preprogrammed energy-saving schedule
- Early Start
- Temporary bypass
- Time display (12 h or 24 h)
- Filter replacement indicator
Honeywell RTH230B Installation
Removing the Old Thermostat
IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, CUT POWER TO THE HEATING SYSTEM.
- Remove the old thermostat to access the wires.
Warning: If the old thermostat was mounted onto an electrical box,
it was probably powered by 120/240 volts. In this case, this thermostat
cannot be used.
- Identify and label each wire (with the corresponding letter on the wire terminal) and remove them from the terminals.
- If necessary, strip the end of each wire (maximum of 1/4 inch).
- Wrap the wires around a pencil to prevent them from falling into the wall.
- If the hole in the wall is too big, insulate it using a non-flammable material in order to avoid air draughts behind the thermostat.
Readmore and Download Honeywell RTH230B Installation Manual PDF Below