White Rodgers Model M150 Thermostat Installation Manual
White Rodgers Model M150 SPECIFICATIONS
Switch Rating - 24 VAC (30 VAC max.)
Heating - 0.15 to 1.2 Amps
Cooling - 0 to 1.5 Amps
Heating - Adjustable from 0.15 to 1.2 Amps
Cooling - Fixed
Temperature Range - 50°F to 90°F (10°C to 32°C)
Operating Humidity Range - 0 – 90% noncondensing
White Rodgers Model M150 Installation
Assemble tools required: power drill, flat blade screwdriver, wire cutter/stripper, level. If no heat anticipator/indication is showing, do not be concerned; move on to the next step.
ATTENTION! This product does not contain mercury. However, this product may replace a unit which contains mercury.
Do not open mercury cells. If a cell becomes damaged, do not touch any spilled mercury. Wearing non-absorbent gloves, take up the spilled mercury and place into a container which can be sealed. If a cell becomes damaged, the unit should be discarded.
Mercury must not be discarded in household trash. When the unit this product is replacing is to be discarded, place in a suitable container. Refer to www.Thermostat-recycle.org for location to send product containing mercury.
White Rodgers Model M150 MOUNTING AND WIRING
- Remove base from subbase: Loosen the screws on the base and remove.
- Mount switching subbase: Use the screws provided to mount the subbase or wallplate to wall (see Fig. 1).
- Attach wires to appropriate terminals:
- For two wire systems (Heat Only or Cool Only). Replace subbase with wallplate. If you have a two-wire Heat Only system, attach one wire to R and one to wire W. If you have a two-wire Cool Only system, attach one wire to R and one to wire to Y. Tighten any unused terminals securely. (see Fig. 5 and 6).
- If your system has more than two wires: Use the cross reference chart to determine correct wire connections. If you have a four-wire heat/cool system leave the factory installed jumper between RC and RH attached (see Fig 2.). If your system has five wires remove the factory installed jumper between RC and RH (see Fig 3.).
- Electric heat or single stage heat pump systems: These thermostats are configured from the factory to operate a heat/cool, fossil fuel (gas, oil, etc.) forced air system. This is correct for any system that DOES NOT require the thermostat to energize the fan on a call for heat. If your system is an electric heat or heat-pump system that REQUIRES the thermostat to turn on the fan on a call for heat, remove the yellow factory-installed jumper wire from the Y terminal and connect it to the A terminal. This will allow the thermostat to energize the fan immediately on a call for heat. If you are unsure if the heating system requires the thermostat to control the fan, contact a qualified heating and air conditioning service person. For single stage heat pump applications (no auxiliary heat), install a short jumper wire (not included) across terminals W and Y. If the system has a reversing valve connection energized in Cooling, attach it to O. If the system has a reversing valve connection energized in Heating, attach it to B (see Fig. 4). This thermostat will not provide multi-stage heating or cooling.
- Mount Thermostat Base: Gently push excess wire back into the wall opening and plug hole with a fire-resistant material, such as fiberglass insulation to prevent drafts from affecting thermostat operation. Mount the thermostat base to the subbase using the three captive screws on the thermostat base. (See Fig. 1) Tighten the screws securely. Proceed to Step #5.
White Rodgers Model M150 SET HEAT ANTICIPATOR
Set anticipator to match the setting of your old thermostat you noted in Step 3, or, the anticipator should be set to match the current rating stamped on your main heating control. The heat anticipator is adjustable from 0.15 to 1.2 amps. Adjust the anticipator by rotating the contact arm (see fig. 8). The anticipator setting is indicated by the numbers on the base that the pointer points to. If you are unsure where to set the anticipator contact the heater manufacturer for a recommended setting. Move the pointer counterclockwise to lengthen heating system cycles; move clockwise to shorten heating cycles. Adjustments should not be greater than 1/2 marking at a time. For millivolt operation, rotate contact arm to Millivolt Link. Snap on Cover: Carefully align the cover with the base and snap the cover onto the base.
White Rodgers Model M150 OPERATION
Thermostat on Subbase. After power is turned on, use the system switch to select either heating or cooling, or to turn the heating/cooling system off. Use the fan switch to control fan operation. When the fan switch is in the AUTO position, the fan will cycle with the heating or cooling system (the fan will not run if the system switch is in the OFF position and the fan switch is in the AUTO position). When the fan switch is in the ON position, the fan will run continuously, regardless of system switch position (even if the system switch is set to OFF, the fan will run if the fan switch is in the ON position).
Thermostat on wallplate. For heat only move the temperature lever to the highest temperature. For cool only move the temperature lever to the lowest temperature.
Readmore and Download White Rodgers Model M150 Thermostat Installation Manual
|Title||: White Rodgers Model M150 Thermostat Installation Manual|
|Pages||: 4 Pages|
|File Size||: 1 MB|