About Epson FX-980 Service Manual
Epson FX-980 Service Manual describes basic functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance and repair procedures of FX-980. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technicians, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as follows:
CHAPTER 1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Provides a general overview and specifications of the product.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of electrical and mechanical operations of the product.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Describes the step-by-step procedures for disassembling and assembling the product.
CHAPTER 4. ADJUSTMENTS
Provides Epson-approved methods for adjustment.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides the step-by-step procedures for troubleshooting.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Provides preventive maintenance procedures and the lists of Epson-approved lubricants and adhesives required for servicing the product.
Provides the following additional information for reference:
- EEPROM Address Map
- Connector Pin Assignments
- C276 Main Board / C244 PSH Board Component Layout
- C276 Main Board / C244 PSH Board Circuit Diagram
EPSON FX-980 Overview
The EPSON FX-980 serial impact dot matrix printeris designed based on the existing FX-2170. Both products are common in most features, but vary in width; the FX-980 is narrower than the FX-2170. So this manual only provides information specific to the FX-980.
EPSON FX-980 Specifications
These specifications provide statistical information for the FX-980. For information that is not included in this section, refer to the FX-2170 Service Manual.
EPSON FX-980 Features
The main features of this printer are:
- Print speed: High speed draft: 506 cps at 10 cpi
- Draft: 380 cps at 10 cpi
- NLQ: 95 cps at 10 cpi
- Character tables: Standard version: 13 tables
- NLSP version: 37 tables
- Reliability: Total print volume:25 million lines (except printhead)
- MTBF: 10,000 power on hours (POH)
- Printhead life: 300 million cahracters
- Ribbon life:7.5 million characters
- Bi-directional parallel interface
- Type-B interface
- Serial interface
- Control codes: ESC/P2 and IBM 2380 plus emulation
- Copy capability: 1 original + 5 copies always 1 original + 6 copies at pull tractor feed (front, bottom)
- Control panel functions: Font, Pause, Condensed Pause, Tear off, Bin, LF/FF, Load/Eject, Micro Adjust, Self-Test, Data Dump, and the Default Setting
- Power supply: Universal Power Supply version supported
EPSON FX-980 Hardware Specifications
This section also contains information specific to the FX-980. For other information, refer to the FX-2170 Service Manual. Printing Specifications
- Print method: Impact dot matrix
- Number of pins: 18 pins
- Print pin alignment: 9 ´ 2
- Print pin diameter: 0.0114 inch (0.29 mm)
- Color: Black
- Print direction: Bi-directional with logic seeking
- Feeding method
- Friction feed (front, rear)
- Push tractor feed (front lever)
- Push & Pull tractor feed (front, rear)
- Pull tractor feed (front, rear, bottom)
- Feed speed
- Normal mode: 1/6 inch feed: 46 msec Continuous feed: 0.127 MPS (m/second) 5.0 IPS (inches / second)
- Copy mode: 1/6 inch feed: 68 msec Continuous feed: 0.078 MPS (m/second) 3.1 IPS (inches/second)
- Input data buffer: 0 Kbyte or 64 Kbyte (depends on the default setting)
Read More Epson FX-980 Service Manual pdf Below