About Epson LQ-2170 Service Manual
Epson LQ-2170 Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of the FX-2170. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technician, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are
organized as follows:
Epson LQ-2170 Table Of Content
Chapter 1 - Provides a general product overview, Lists specifications, and illustrates the main components of the printer.
Chapter 2 - Describes the theory of printer operation.
Chapter 3 - Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly and assembly.
Chapter 4 - Includes a step-by step guide for addjustement.
Chapter 5 - Provides Epson-approved techniques for troubleshooting.
Chapter 6 - Describes prevetive maintenance techniques.
The contents of this manual are subject to change without notice.
Epson LQ-2170 Specifications
These specifications provide statistical information for the the LQ-2170 serial impact dot matrix printer.
The LQ-2170 is a 24pin serial impact dot-matrix printer suitable for the VAR (value added reseller) market. The major features of this printer are:
- Print speed High speed draft 440 characters per second (cps)
- Draft 330 cps
- LQ 110 cps at 10 characters per inch (cpi)
- Feeding method Friction feed (front, rear)
- Push tractor feed (front, rear)
- Push and pull tractor feed (front, rear)
- Pull tractor feed (front, rear, bottom)
- Feeder Front push tractor, rear push tractor, CSF bin 1 / bin 2 (optional)
- Pull tractor (optional) , roll paper j holder (optional)
- Paper/media labels, roll paper : Single sheets, continuous paper, multipart paper, envelopes, card stock
- 9 LQ and 1 draft bitmap typefaces
- 8 barcode fonts
- Character tables Standard version 11 tables NLSP version 20 tables
- Input buffer 64KB
- Acoustic noise 53 dB (A), ISO 7779 pattern
- Reliability Total print volume 7.5 million lines, except printhead
- MTBF 6000 power on hours (POH)
- Printhead life 400 million strokes/wire
- Ribbon life 8 million characters
- Interfaces Bidirectional parallel interface (IEEE-P1284 nibble mode supported) Type B I /F Level 2 (option)
- Control codes ESC/P2 and IBM 2390/2391 plus emulation
- Copy capability 1 original + 4 copies
- Control panel functions Font, Pitch, Pause, Tear off, Bin, LF/FF, Load/Eject, Micro Adjust, Default setting
Refer to Figure 1-1 on the next page for an exterior view of the FX-2170.
Epson LQ-2170 Hardware Specifications
This section provides detailed hardware specifications for the LQ-2170.
- Printing method Impact dot matrix
- Color Black
- Number of pins 24 pins
- Pin arrangement 12 ´ 2 staggered
- Pin diameter 0.21 mm (0.00083 inch)
Read More Epson LQ-2170 Service Manual pdf Below