Honeywell H8908B Humidistat H8908C Dehumidistat Manual
The H8908B Humidistat and H8908C Dehumidistat (humidity controllers) provide automatic low voltage control of humidifiers and dehumidifiers or ventilators, respectively, in central heating and air conditioning systems. They have a spst, snap-acting, dust-proof switch and are designed for wall or surface duct mounting.
Honeywell H8908B Humidistat H8908C Dehumidistat INSTALLATION
When Installing this Product...
- Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow them could damage the product or cause a hazardous condition.
- Check the ratings given in the instructions and on the product to make sure the product is suitable for your application.
- Installer must be a trained, experienced service technician.
- After installation is complete, check out product operation as provided in these instructions.
Location and Mounting
The styling of the H8908 is designed to blend with the latest T8600 family of Honeywell Chronotherm® IV Deluxe Programmable Thermostats. A mounting template is included for mounting the H8908 next to the T8600. The H8908 can also be mounted at any other convenient location in the living area or equipment room. See Fig 1.
NOTE: The H8908 electrical connections are not shared with the thermostat.
Mount the control in an area with average room temperature and average relative humidity.
The following mounting instructions are for mounting the H8908 on the wall next to the T8600. When installing the H8908 at another location, modify the procedure to fit the installation.
- Hold the mounting template (included) next to the T8600. Select the mounting side for the H8908. The template is reversible for mounting on either the left or right side of the T8600. See Fig. 2.
- Mark the holes for the two mounting screws (included). Then mark the hole for the low voltage wiring on the template that corresponds with the side selected in step 1.
- Remove the template and drill the holes.
- Run low voltage wiring to the location and pull about 6 in. (152 mm) of wire through the hole.
- Plug the hole with nonflammable insulation to prevent drafts from affecting the control operation.
- Remove the H8908 case from the base. See Fig. 1.
- Position the base on the wall with the arrow up.
- Use the two 1 in. (25 mm) mounting screws to secure the base to the wall.
- Connect the low voltage wires to the leads on the H8908.
- Replace the H8908 case.
Readmore and Download Honeywell H8908B Humidistat H8908C Dehumidistat Manual
|Title||: Honeywell H8908B Humidistat H8908C Dehumidistat Manual|
|Pages||: 4 Pages|
|File Size||: 2 MB|