Honeywell T8190A Manual Thermostat
Heating or Cooling Thermostat and Wallplate or Heating/Cooling Thermostat and Subbase
Welcome to the world of energy savings with your new Honeywell thermostat. The Honeywell name is your assurance of accurate control and reliable operation for years to come. Your new thermostat will automatically lower and raise the temperature in your home one or more times every 24 hours. This allows you to significantly lower your fuel costs, while awakening (or returning home) to a comfortable temperature. Read Honeywell T8190A Manual to learn how to use your new thermostat.
Features Of Honeywell T8190A Thermostat
- FLIP-UP COVER. Lift it up to set clock for energy saving and normal temperature periods.
- THERMOSTAT COVER. Lift up and remove to adjust heat anticipator.
- THERMOMETER. Provides accurate room temperature reading.
- TEMPERATURE SETTING LEVERS. Left (blue mark) controls the low temperature, right (red mark) controls the high temperature.
- TIMER. This timer provides a 24-hour slotted dial to hold the programming pins.
- TIMER SETTING KNOB. Turn clockwise to match the correct AM or PM time to the time indicator.
- TIME INDICATOR. Arrow head (triangle shape) indicates low (blue) temperature setting or high (red) temperature setting in control on program index wheel. Also indicates time on 24-hour dial.
- PROGRAM INDEX WHEEL. Controls high and low temperature at specific time of day as set by program pins.
- PROGRAM PINS. Must be inserted into 24- hour timer dial slots to control program index wheel.
- PIN SLOTS. Located on 24-hour dial at 10- minute intervals for program pin insertion.
- PROGRAM DIAL. 24-hour dial with light band to indicate daytime and dark band to indicator nighttime.
- HEAT ANTICIPATOR SCALEPLATE. Calibrated to match the heating system current draw in amperes.
- ANTICIPATOR SETTING LEVER. Must be adjusted to match the heating system primary control current.
- MERCURY BULB AND BIMETAL ELEMENT (2). Provide automatic temperature control by switching the heating or cooling system on or off.
- WALLPLATE (Included with thermostat.) Provides mounting base and wiring connections for heating-only or cooling-only thermostat.
- SUBBASE (Optional, not included with thermostat; ordered separately.) Provides mounting base, wiring connections and manual switching control for heating/cooling thermostat. See Setting Subbase Switches section for additional information.
Setting the Honeywell T8190A Temperature
- Set the left lever (blue mark) to the energy saving temperature you want when you are sleeping or your home is unoccupied.
- Set the right lever (red mark) to the temperature you want for normal comfort periods.
NOTE: You may override the time program by setting both the red and blue levers to the same temperature setpoint.
- Set the left lever (blue mark) to the temperature you want for normal comfort periods.
- Set the right lever (red mark) to the energy saving temperature you want when you are sleeping or your home is unoccupied.
Honeywell T8190A Inserting Timer Batteries
Power is supplied to the timer by the 24 Vac transformer, by two AAA alkaline batteries (included), or by the heating or cooling control circuit. Backup batteries may be installed to supply power to the timer if power is interrupted when using a 24 Vac powering method. Install batteries in thermostat as shown in Fig. 2. Once a year or when batteries are dead, replace with two new AAA alkaline batteries. We recommend Energizer® batteries. Properly dispose of old batteries.
Readmore and Download Honeywell T8190A Manual PDF Below