About Honeywell Thermostat 08161 User Manual
This programmable thermostat can be connected to an electric heating system such as an electric baseboard, a radiant ceiling, a floor heating system, an electric convector, etc. It is not compatible with a central heating system.
Honeywell Thermostat 08161 (TH110-DP-P TL8230) Connection
TURN OFF POWER TO THE HEATING SYSTEM AT THE MAIN POWER PANEL TO AVOID ELECTRICAL SHOCK.
- The installation must be carried out by an electrician.
- All cables and connections must conform to the local electrical code.
- Special CO/ALR solderless connectors must be used when connecting with aluminum conductors.
- Install the thermostat onto an electrical box.
- Install the thermostat about 5 feet high, on an inside wall facing the heater.
- Avoid locations where there are air drafts (such as the top of a staircase or an air outlet), dead air spots (such as behind a door), or direct sunlight.
- Do not install the thermostat on a wall that conceals chimney or stove pipes.
- Connect the thermostat wires to the power and to the load using solderless connectors for copper wires.
- Push the excess wire back into the electrical box to prevent interference with the thermostat.
- Secure the thermostat using two 6-32 screws.
- Return power to heating system.
NOTE: Always keep the thermostat's vents clean and unobstructed.
Readmore and Download Honeywell Thermostat 08161 User Manual PDF Below