Honeywell Y460A2003 Thermostat Installation Manual
The Y460A2003 Thermostat is for 15 to 30 Vac control of gas- or oil-fueled warm air, steam or hot water heating/electric cooling systems.
Follow these instructions step-by-step for proper installation of your Honeywell thermostat. It is recommended that as you read, understand and complete each step, you check √ it off with a pencil or pen.
Honeywell Y460A2003 PREPARE FOR INSTALLATION
- Assemble the following required tools: Flat-bladed screwdriver; hand or power drill with 3/16 in. (4.8 mm) drill bit; wire cutter/stripper or sharp knife; bubble level or plumb bob and line.
For cooling systems, do not operate cooling if outdoor temperature is below 50°F (10°C).
- Test your heating and/or cooling systems to be sure they are working, especially if they have been inoperative for any length of time. If either system does not work, contact your local heating/air conditioning dealer for assistance.
Turn off power to the system at the main fuse or circuit breaker panel. Most buildings have a separate switch box or circuit breaker for disconnecting power to the furnace.
UNPACK Honeywell Y460A2003 THERMOSTAT
- Carefully unpack your new thermostat.
- Remove and discard the shipping wrap; be sure to save the screws and the instructions.
- Remove the thermostat cover and set it aside to use later.
- Remove the red plastic insert that holds the mercury switch in place.
REMOVE YOUR OLD THERMOSTAT
- Remove the cover of the old thermostat. If the cover does not snap off when pulled firmly from the bottom, look for screw(s) to loosen to unlock the cover.
- Before removing the old thermostat from the wall, look at it carefully to locate the heat anticipator adjustment mechanism. Look at the illustration to help you recognize the heat anticipator. Make a note here ______________ of that anticipator setting for use in Step 7. The heat anticipator pointer, if adjustable, will be set at one of a series of numbers representing the electrical current rating of the primary control in your furnace: .2, .4, .8, etc or 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, etc. If no heat anticipator/indication is showing, go on to the next step.
- Loosen screw(s) holding the thermostat base to the subbase or wall and lift it away.
- Disconnect wires from the old thermostat or subbase. Wrap the wires around a pencil or other object, as shown, to prevent them from falling back into the wall opening.
- NOTE: As you disconnect each wire, use masking tape to tape the end and label with the letter of the terminal designation to allow easier reconnection to the new subbase.
- Keep the old thermostat for reference until your new thermostat is functioning correctly.
Readmore and Download Honeywell Y460A2003 Installation Manual PDF Below