T8601C CHRONOTHERM III ZONE THERMOSTAT Manual
APPLICATION T8601C CHRONOTHERM III ZONE THERMOSTAT
This thermostat provides energy saving heating/cooling control for a Mastertrol@ Mark Il or a Minizone control panel in a zoning system. See Table 1 for model details.
This thermostat is powered direct from transformer, requiring two wires to system transformer.
WHEN INSTALLING T8601C CHRONOTHERM III ZONE THERMOSTAT
- Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow them could damage the product or cause a hazardous condition.
- Check the ratings given in the instructions and on the product to make sure the product is suitable for your application.
- Installer must be a trained, experienced service technician.
- Allow thermostat to warm to room temperature before operating.
- After installation is complete, check out product operation as provided in these instructions.
- Disconnect power supply to prevent electrical shock or equipment damage.
- Push excess wire back intothe hole, and plug hole with nonhardening caulk, putty or insulation to prevent drafts from affecting thermostat operation.
Install thermostat and wallplate about 5 ft. [1.5 m] above the floor in an area with good air circulation at room temperature.
Do not install the thermostat where it may be affected by—
- drafts or dead spots behind doors, in corners, or under cabinets.
- hot or cold air from ducts.
- radiant heat from sun or appliances.
- concealed pipes and chimneys.
- unheated (uncooled) areas behind the thermostat, such as an outside wall.
Heat and cool anticipation is fixed; no adjustment is necessary. Cycle rates are adjustable for heating. The current rating is 1 .6 A maximum at 24 Vac. Intelligent RecoveryTM /Conventional Recovery selection screw is included on back of thermostat.
Run cable to a hole at the selected wall location, and pull about 3 in. [76 mm] of wire through the opening. Colorcoded, 1 8 gauge thermostat cable with at least one conductor for each wiring terminal is recommended.
Remove thermostat from wallplate (Fig. 1).
The wallplate does not require leveling for operation, but for appearance only. The wallplate mounts directly onto the wall with the screws included in the package.Use the wallplate as a template, and with a pencil, mark two mounting screw positions that fit application using two of the three mounting holes in the wallplate (Fig. 2). Use 3/1 6 in. bit to drill holes for anchors. Gently tap anchors into holes until they are flush to the wall surface. Thread wires through the center opening of the wallplate. Then, mount the wallplate using two screws provided. Gently tighten screws, level top surface of wallplate, then securely tighten screws
WIRING T8601C CHRONOTHERM III ZONE THERMOSTAT
All wiring must comply with local electrical codes and ordinances.
Disconnect power before wiring to prevent electrical shock or equipment damage.
The shape of the terminal barrier permits insertion of straight or conventional wraparound wiring connections. Either method is acceptable.
Refer to Fig. 4 for typical wiring diagram.
NOTE: Restrict all wiring to ribbed area surrounding terminals (Fig. 3) to assure thermostat/wallplate contact.
Read More T8601C CHRONOTHERM III ZONE THERMOSTAT Manual PDF Below