Overview Epson AcuLaser C2800/C2800D/C3800/C3800D Service Manual
AcuLaser C2800/C2800D/C3800/C3800D is a non-impact color page printer that takes advantage of a laser and electrophotographic technologies. AcuLaser C2800D/C3800D has a duplex unit as part of its standard equipment, whereas the unit is available as an optional device for AcuLaser C2800/C3800. Listed below are the features of AcuLaser C2800/C2800D/C3800/C3800D:
- Prints on A4 paper (User defined paper size: 76.20 x 98.40 mm ~ 220 x 355.6 mm)
- High-speed tandem printing engine Up to 20 ppm (color) and 25 ppm (monochrome) in A4 single-sided printing
- Flexible paper handling capabilities
Print Process Overview
This printer is a full-color laser printer that takes advantage of the principle of electrophotographic recording. This printer uses a tandem-type engine that equips exclusive drums and developer units for each yellow, magenta, cyan, and black (abbreviated to Y, M, C, and K), and prints images in full color by laying images of four colors on paper that is transferred on the transfer belt.
The major steps of the print process are described below:
- Charging: Charges the drum surface.
- Exposure: Exposes the image areas on the drum using a laser beam.
- Development: Develops the image areas on the drum with toner.
- Transfer: Transfers complete full-color toner image on paper by laying images of four colors.
- Cleaning: Cleans remaining toner and remove the electrical charge of the drum.
- Discharging: Removes the electrical charge of the paper.
- Fusing: Fixes toner on the paper by applying heat and pressure.
- Cleaning: Removes remaining toner on the transfer belt.
Technical Explanation of Print Process
In charging process, BCR (Bias Charge Roll) applies a uniform negative potential to the drum which rotates at a fixed speed. This process is performed simultaneously for each of the yellow, magenta, cyan and black colors.
- BCR is a conductive roller and keeps contact with the drum to move together with it. HVPS supplies discharge voltages to the BCR, and then the BCR discharges negative DC voltage.
- Drum surface is uniformly charged to a negative potential with DC bias voltage. The Drum surface is made of conductive material coated with a photosensitive material that becomes insulating in darkness and becomes conductive when it is subjected to light.
- Cleaning Roll contacts the BCR and attracts toner.
Read More Epson AcuLaser C2800-C2800D-C3800-C3800D Service Manual on PDF Below