About Epson DFX 8500 Service Manual
Epson DFX 8500 Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of DFX-8500. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experience repair technician, and attention should be given to die precautions on the preceding page. The Chapters are organized as follows:
<o :p></o>Table of Content
CHAPTER 1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Provides a general product overview, lists specifications, and illustrates the main components of the printer.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of printer operation.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly and assembly.
CHAPTER 4. ADJUSTMENT
Includes a step-by-step guide for adjustment.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides EPSON-approved techniques for troubleshooting.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Describes preventive maintenance techniques and lists lubricants and adhesives required to service the equipment.
Describes connector pin assignments, circuit diagrams, circuit board component layout and exploded diagram.
The DFX-8500 FEATURES
The DFX-8500 is a 18-pin, serial, dot matrix printer with a maximum speed of 1120 characters per second (cps). It is designed for business use and provides high-speed, high-volume printing and continuous-sheet handling. The main features of the printer are:
- Maximum printing speeds:
- 1120 cps (high-speed draft mode
- 840 cps (draft mode)
- 210 cps (NLQ mode) at 10 cpi
- Advanced paper handling:
- 10 inches per second (ips) paper feeding
- Paper jam detection
- Paper width detection
- Front and rear two-way push tractors
- Optional pull tractor
- Automatic paper back-out and loading from another paper path and paper park
- Automatic platen gap adjustment for paper thickness
- Automatic tear off
- Paper memory function
- Automatic paper path changing
- Auto cut mode enables the optional perforation cutter to cut the paper at the perforation.
- Bi-directional parallel interface (IEEE-1284 nibble) and RS-232C serial interface standard
- EPSON ESC/P (upper compatible with DFX-8000) and IBM/LEXMARK 2381Plus emulation
- 35 character tables in the NLSP (National Language Support) version and 11 character tables in the standard version
- 2 NLQ and 1 draft bit-map type faces and 8 barcode fonts are supported.
- Optional paper cutter and perforation cutter
- Upgraded data handling
- 128 KB input buffer
- Automatic interface selection
- Type-B optional I/F cards
The figure below shows the DFX-8500.
Read More Epson DFX 8500 Service Manual on PDF Below