About Epson DLQ 3000 Service Manual
Epson DLQ 3000 Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of DLQ-3000. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experience repair technician, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as
CHAPTER 1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Provides a general product overview, lists specifications, and illustrates the main components of the printer.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of printer operation.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly and assembly.
CHAPTER 4. ADJUSTMENT
Includes a step-by-step guide for adjustment.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides Epson-approved techniques for adjustment.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Describes preventive maintenance techniques and lists lubricants and adhesives required to service the equipment.
Describes connector pin assignments, circuit diagrams, circuit board component layout and exploded diagram.
Epson DLQ 3000 FEATURES
The DLQ-3000 is 24-pin serial dot-matrix and flat-bed type impact printer. The main features are:
- Optional color printing using the optional color ribbon (black, magenta, cyan, yellow).
- Use of ESC/P2 control codes
- Printing speed
- 10 cpi LQ character: 120 Cps
- 10 cpi draft: 360 CPS
- 10 cpi High speed draft: 444 Cps
- Copy capacity = Up to 5 copies plus an original can be printed.
- High speed loading = 1.5 second to load a sheet from cut sheet feeder.
- No DIP-switches to set
- 14 international and legal character sets.
- 8 character tables (standard model)
- 14 character tables (consolidated model)
- 4 scalable fonts, 9 bitmap LQ fonts and 2 draft fonts.
Figure 1-1 shows an exterior view of the DLQ-3000 and Table 1-1 lists the optional units available for the DLQ-3000.
The DLQ-3000 SPECIFICATIONS
This section provides detailed information about the DLQ-3000.
- Printing method: Serial impact dot matrix
- Pin configuration: 24 wires
- Pin diameter: 0.0079 inch (0.2 mm)
- Text: Bidirectional with logic seeking
- Uni-directional mode can be selected by software.
- Image: Bidirectional with logic seeking
- Uni-directional mode can be selected by software and default setting.
Paper Handling Specifications
- Friction feed
- Set the release lever to FRICTION.
During envelope printing, set it horizontally the longer side. During No.6 envelope printing, the left sheet edge guide must beat the marked position.
- Tractor feed
- Set the release lever to TRACTOR.
Do not perform reverse line feeds greater than 1/6 inch.
- Set left and right sheet edge guides on the front paper guide at both ends.
- Feeding pitch: 1/360 inch (1/6 inch, 1/8 inch, or programmable in units as small as 1/360 inch)
- Feeding speed 1/6 inch line feed: 42 ms ,Continuous feed: 6 inches/see.
- Paper path
- Cut sheet (Single): Front and rear entry manual insertion, and optional CSF.
- Cut sheet (Multi part): Rear entry manual insertion, and optional CSF.
- Continuous paper: Rear entry push tractor feed with paper parking function.
Read More Epson DLQ 3000 Service Manual on PDF Below