About Epson EPL 5200 Service Manual
This printer is a page printer which operates by means of a laser. There is no possibility of danger from the laser, provided the printer is operated according to the instructions in this manual provided. Since radiation emitted by the laser is completely coti-ined within protective housings, the laser beam camot escape from the machine during any phase of user operation.
Epson EPL 5200 Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of EPL-5000 /5200 and Action Laser 1000/1500. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experience repair technician, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as follows:
Epson EPL 5200 Table Of Content
CHAPTER 1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Provides a general product overview, lists specifications, and illustrates the main components of the printer.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of printer operation.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly and assembly.
CHAPTER 4. ADJUSTMENTS
Includes a step-by-step guide for adjustment.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides Epson-approved techniques for adjustment.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Describes preventive maintenance techniques and lists lubricants and adhesives required to service the equipment.
Describes connector pin assignments, circuit diagrams, circuit board component layout and exploded diagram.
Epson EPL 5200 FEATURES
The EPL-5000/5200 and the ActionLaser 1000/1500 are non-impact page printers that combine a semi-conductor laser with electro-photographic technology. ‘Ihese printers are small and light, and feature high-speed, high-resolution printing. Also, maintenance is very easy, as a result of various built-in diagnostic functions. The main features are:
- No ozone
- Printing speed —6 PPM
- Resolution —3W DPI
- Light weight — about 10 kg (22 lb.)
- Small footprint
- Face-down tray (standard) /face-up tray (optional)
- High-performance controller (the controller’s CPU is a 16.67 MHz Motorola 68000)
- Easy maintenance
- EPL-5000/ActionLaser 1000 has HP LaserJet@ 11P emulation mode
- EPL-5200/ActionLaser 1500 has HP LaserJet@ 111/IIIP/IIISi emulation mode
- EPL-5000/ActionLaser 1000 can be upgraded LaserJet@ 111/IIIP/IIISi emulation mode with the optional Epson PCL5 /RITech Upgrade Board
- Optioml PostScript’” IC card
- Optional Epson GL identity IC card
- High-speed serial communication rate of 38400 bps (except for the ActionLaser 1000)
- A multi-user, multi-emulation mode
- Various types of fonts available in font cards and cartridges
- IES (Intelligent Emulation Switch) allows switching of the printer mode between PostScript’” mode and another mode
- SPL (Shared Printer Language) enables switching of the printer mode by command
- In the EPL-5200/ActionLaser 1500 and in the EPL-5000/ActionLaser 1000 with the optional Epson PCL5/RITech Upgrade Board, Resolution Improvement Technology (RITech) refines the print quality by eliminating jagged edges from images and characters. Figure 1-1 shows an exterior view of the EPL-5000/5200 and ActionLaser 1000/1500.
Read More Epson EPL 5200 Service Manual on PDF Below