About Epson EPL 5500 Service Manual
Epson EPL 5500 Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of EPL-5500. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experience repair technician, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as
Epson EPL 5500 Table Of Content
CHAPTER 1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Provides a general product overview, lists specifications, and illustrates the main components of the printer.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of printer operation.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly and assembly.
CHAPTER 4. ADJUSTMENTS
Includes a step-by-step guide for adjustment.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides Epson-approved techniques for adjustment.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Describes preventive maintenance techniques and lists lubricants and adhesives required to service the equipment.
Describes connector pin assignments, circuit diagrams, circuit board component layout and exploded diagram.
Epson EPL 5500 FEATURES
The EPSONâ EPL-5500 is non-impact page printer that combines a semi-conductor laser with electrophotographic technology. This printer is small and light, and features high-speed, high-resolution printing. Maintenance is very easy as a result of various built-in diagnostic functions.
The main features are:
- No ozone
- Printing speed — 6 ppm (pages per minute)
- Resolution — 600/300 dpi (dots per inch)
- Light weight — about 5 kg (11 lb)
- Small footprint
- Low running cost: separation of the development/toner cartridge and photoconductor unit
- HPâ LaserJetâ 4 emulation mode
- 22 built-in scalable fonts (8 Agfaâ and 14 TrueTypeâ fonts)
- High-performance controller (the controller’s CPU is a 22.5 MHz SPARKlite (MB86933H))
- Bi Resolution Improvement Technology (BiRITech) refines the print quality by eliminating jagged edges from images and characters on 600 dpi and 300 dpi printing
- Memory Improvement Technology supported
- Optional EPSONScript Level 2 (PostScriptâ compatible) module
- Optional WPS (Windows Printing System) ROM SIMM module
- Optional I239X, ESC/P 2ä , and FX emulation ROM SIMM module
- EPSON Micro Gray Technology (EMGTech), which is available when using PCL and EPSONScript Level 2 mode, refines gray scale printing to be comparable to printing on a 1200-dpi printer
- Small and low-cost optional LocalTalkä with serial interface module
- 1MB standard RAM and memory expansion available up to 32MB of RAM with the addition of optional SIMMs Bidirectional parallel interface
- Toner-saver mode supported
- A multi-user, multi-emulation mode
- IES (Intelligent Emulation Switch) allows switching between EPSONScript mode and another mode
- SPL (Shared Printer Language) enables switching of the printer mode by command
Epson EPL 5500 SPECIFICATIONS
This section provides statistical data for the EPL-5500.
Epson EPL 5500 Basic Specifications
- Printing method: Laser beam scanning and dry electrophotography
- Resolution: 600/300 dpi
- Printing speed: 6 ppm (letter/A4)
- First printing time (A4/LT): Less than 20 seconds (face-up output) Warm-up time: Less than 35 seconds (at rated current and 23° C (73° F) temperature)
- Paper supply: See Table 1-2.
Epson EPL 5500 Paper Feed Methods
|Paper Supply||Capacity Using
20 lb. (75 g/m2)
|Paper Size||Usage Thickness
|Standard built-in paper tray||150||A5, B5, A4, LT,
GLT, EXE, LGL,
GLG, F4, HL
|16 to 24 lb.
(60 to 90 g/m2)
|5 to 10||Monarch,
DL, C5, C6,
of 20 to 24 lb.
(75 to 90 g/m2)
|Manual feed slot||1||Any size feedable
|16 to 42 lb.
(60 to 157 g/m2)
|Lower paper cassette (optional)||250||A4, B5||16 to 24 lb.
(60 to 90 g/m2)
- The weight in pounds (lb) is determined by the weight of 500 sheets cut to 17 ´ 22 inches; 1 g/m2 = 0.2659763 lb.
- Paper size range: width 3 to 8.5 inches (76 to 216 mm) length 5 to 14.0 inches (127 to 356 mm)
Read More Epson EPL 5500 Service Manual on PDF Below