About Epson EPL 5500W Service Manual
Epson EPL 5500W Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of EPL-5500W. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experience repair technician, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as follows:
Epson EPL 5500W Table of Content
CHAPTER 1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Provides a general product overview, lists specifications, and illustrates the main components of the printer.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of printer operation.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly and assembly.
CHAPTER 4. ADJUSTMENTS
Includes a step-by-step guide for adjustment.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides Epson-approved techniques for adjustment.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Describes preventive maintenance techniques and lists lubricants and adhesives required to service the equipment.
Describes connector pin assignments, circuit diagrams, circuit board component layout and exploded diagram.
EPSON EPL-5500W FEATURES
The EPSON EPL-5500W laser printer has a 300/600 dots per inch (dpi) resolution and 6 pages per minute (ppm) printing speed in a dedicated Microsoft® Windowsâ Printing System. It works under Microsoft Windows 3.1x and Windows 95, achieving very high performance due to the recent advances in PC technology. The main features are:
- No ozone
- Printing speed — 6 ppm
- Resolution — 600/300 dpi
- Light weight — about 5 kg (11 lb)
- Small footprint
- Low running cost: separation of the development/toner cartridge and photoconductor unit
- Ease of use with Microsoft Windows Printing System (WPS)
- PCL4 software emulation mode
- High throughput, especially with fine-pitch halftone image output
- Freedom from the memory overflow
- Freedom from document incompatibility, True WYSIWYG
- Bidirectional parallel interface (ECP and Microsoft Peppy modes)
- Achieves high throughput with a very high-speed parallel interface. Maximum transmission speed is approximately 2 MB/sec. (under ECP mode) or 600 KB/ sec. (under Peppy mode).
EPSON EPL-5500W SPECIFICATIONS
This section provides statistical data for the EPL-5500W.
EPSON EPL-5500W Basic Specifications
- Printing method: Laser beam scanning and dry electrophotography
- Resolution: 600/300 dpi
- Printing speed: 6 ppm (letter/A4)
- First printing time (A4/LT): Less than 20 seconds (face-up output) Warm-up time: Less than 35 seconds (at rated current and 23° C (73° F) temperature)
- Paper supply: See Table
Epson EPL 5500W Paper Feed Methods
|Paper Supply||Capacity Using
20 lb. (75 g/m2)
|Paper Sizes||Usage Thickness
|Standard built-in paper tray||150||B5, A4, LT,
|16 to 24 lb.
(60 to 90 g/m2)
|5 to 10||Monarch,
DL, C5, Env #10,
11, 12, 14
|Envelopes made of
20 to 24 lb.
(75 to 90 g/m2)
|Manual feed slot||1||Any size feedable
|16 to 42 lb.
(60 to 157 g/m2)
- The weight in pounds (lb) is determined by the weight of 500 sheets cut to 17 ´ 22 inches; 1 g/m2 = 0.2659763 lb.
- Paper size range: width 3 to 8.5 inches (76 to 216 mm) length 5 to 14.0 inches (127 to 356 mm)
Read More Epson EPL 5500W Service Manual on PDF Below