About Epson EPL 5600 Service Manual
Epson EPL 5600 Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of EPL-5600 /ActionLaser 1600. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experience repair technician, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as follows:
Epson EPL 5600 Table Of Content
CHAPTER 1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Provides a general product overview, lists specifications and illustrates the main components of the printer.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of printer operation.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly and assembly.
CHAPTER 4. ADJUSTMENTS
Includes a step-by-step guide for adjustment.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides Epson-approved techniques for adjustment.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Describes preventive maintenance techniques and lists lubricants and adhesives required to service the equipment.
Describes connector pin assignments circuit diagram circuit board component layout and exploded diagram.
Epson EPL 5600 FEATURES
The Epson EpL.5600 and the ActionLaser TM 1600 are non-impa~ page pMterS that ~rnbine a semi-conductor laser with electro-photographic technology. These printem are small and lighc and feature high-speed, high-resolution printing. Maintenance is very easy as a result of various built-in diagnostic functions. The main features are:
- No ozone
- Printing speed — 6 ppm (pages per minute)
- Resolution — 600/300 dpi (dots per inch)
- Light weight — about 10 kg (22 lb.)
- Small footprint
- Easy maintenance
- HP@ LaserJet@ 4 emulation mode 45 built-in scalable fonts (35 Intellifonts and 10 TrueType fonts) ~/p 2’” emulation
- High-performance controller (the controller’s CPU is a 17.6 MHz SPARKlite (MB86930))
- Bi Resolution Improvement Technology (BiRITech) refines the print quality by eliminating jagged edges from images and characters on 600 dpi and 300 dpi printing.
- Optional EPSONScript Level 2 (Postscript” compatible) module
- EPSON Miao Gray Technology (EMGTech), which is available when using EPSONSaipt
- Level 2 mode, refines gray scale printing to be comparable to printing on a 1200-dpi printer
- Small and low-cost optional LocalTalkTM interface module
- 2 MB standard RAM and up to 64 MB RAM wi’h the addition of optional SIMMS
- Bidirectional parallel interface
- High-speed serial communication rate of 57.6K bps
- High-speed parallel communication rate of approximately 400 KB/second
- A multi-user, multi-emulation mode
- IES (Intelligent Emulation Switch) allows switching between EPSONScript mode and another mode
- SPL (Shared Printer Language) enables switching of the printer mode by command
Epson EPL 5600 SPECIFICATIONS
This section provides statistical data for the EPL-5600 and ActionLaser 1600.
Epson EPL 5600 Basic Specifications
- Printing method: Laser beam seaming and dry electro-photography
- Resolution: 600/300 dpi
- Printing speed: 6 ppm (letter/A4)
- First printing time (A4/LT): Less than 19 seconds (facedown output)
- Less than 20 seconds (face-up output)
- Warm-up time: Less than 35 seconds (at rated current and 23° C (73° F) temperature)
- Paper supply: See Table
Epson EPL 5600 Paper Feed Methods
|Paper Size||Usage Thickness
|Auto feed 150 =||A5, B5, A4, LT,
GLT, EXE, LGL, GLG, F4, HL
|16 to 24 lb.
(60 to 90 glm2)
|5 to 10||Monarch, DL, C5
of 20 to 24 b. (75to 90 ct/m2) paper
|Manual Feed = 1||Any size feedable
|16 to 42 lb.
(60 to 157 g/m2)
|Lower paper cassette (optional)||250||A4 or LT||16 to 24 lb.
(60 to 90 @m2)
- The weight in~ounds (lb) is determined by how much 500 sheets cut to 17 x 22 inch would weigh; 1 g/m = 0.2659763 lb.
- Paper size range: width 3.63 to 8.5 inches (92 to 216 mm) length 5.85 to 14.0 inches (148.5 to 356 mm)
Read More Epson EPL 5600 Service Manual on PDF Below