About Epson EPL-5700 Service Manual
Epson EPL-5700 Service Manual describes basic functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance and repair procedures of EPL-5700. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technicians, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as follows:
Epson EPL-5700 Table of Content
CHAPTER 1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Provides a general overview and specifications of the product.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of electrical and mechanical operations of the product.
CHAPTER 3. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides the step-by-step procedures for troubleshooting.
CHAPTER 4. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Describes the step-by-step procedures for disassembling and assembling the product.
CHAPTER 5. ADJUSTMENTS
Provides Epson-approved methods for adjustment.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Provides preventive maintenance procedures and the lists of Epson-approved lubricants and adhesives required for servicing the product.
Provides the following additional information for reference:
- Connector pin assignments
- Electric circuit boards components layout
- Exploded diagram
- Electrical circuit boards schematics
Epson EPL-5700 FEATURES
EPL-5700 is a small and compact A4 size page printer that semiconductor laser beam scanning is applied for. Following shows features.
- Method: Dry mono-component xerographic method
- Light source: Semiconductor laser
- Photoelectric unit: OPC drum(organic photoconductor)
- Charge: Rotating brush charging type
- Developer: Exposed section developer system
- Toner: Mono-component nonmagnetic toner
- Transfer method: Roller transfer
- Fixing: Heat roller system
- Density regulator: Developer bias variation system(user can regulate)
- Resolution: 600 dpi
- Print Speed: 8ppm(A4/LTR/B5/A5),
- *1:Same with optional cassette
- *2:Regarding printing with custom size(non-standard size)paper, the printing speed will become faster because cleaning takes place automatically.
- First print: 19 seconds(A4/LTR), 18.2 seconds(B5)
17.3 seconds(A5), 20.2 seconds(legal)
- Warm-up time: 20 seconds or less (at 23 degree Celsius, standard
- Print area Area within margins of 4mm from each side. (Refer to Figure 1-2) (Note) The printable area may change depending on the print mode.
Epson EPL-5700 ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATION
- 120 model = 120V +/- 10%, 50-60Hz +/-3Hz
- 200V model = 220 to 240V +/- 10%, 50-60Hz +/- 3Hz
1. AC line noise:
- Pulse width: 50 to 1000 ns
- Pulse polarity: ±
- Repeat: non-simultaneous
- Modes: common/normal
- Voltage: 1kv However, the parts can withstand up to 2kv without damage.
2. Instant cutoff: DIP 100%(for standard voltage-10%) for one cycle with normal print quality.
3. Electrostatic durability:
- up to ± 10kv: no hardware errors
- no unrecoverable software errors for the operator
- up to ± 15kv: without damage to components
4. Rush current: 1/2 cycle, 50A or less
5. Insulation resistance: 10 M W or less
6. Dielectric strength: Assuming the following voltages are input for one minute with no breakdowns. 120V model: AC 1000V(duration of one surge) 200V model: AC1500V(duration of one surge)
7. Leakage current: 3.5mA or less (120V model) 3.5mA or less (200V model)
Epson EPL-5700 DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions: Main unit 397(W)mm x 463(L)mm x251(H) mm
- Weight: Approximately 7.5Kg(not including expendable or optional parts)
RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY
- Product life Approximately 180000 printed pages or five years, whichever comes first.
- MPBF: 25000 sheets or more (Note) This is the average number of sheets before a breakdown will
occur that either requires the change of parts or for which the user is unable to resolve.
- MTBF: 3000 hrs(10 months) or more
- Paper Feed Reliability(for recommended paper or normal paper)
- Jam rate: 1/2000 or less(not including multiple pages)
- Misfeed: 1/2000 or less
- Multiple page feed rate: 1/500 or less
- Paper wrinkling: 1/1000 or less
- Paper leading edge folds: 1C or more, 1/1000 or less
- Instances of only 1C excluded*1
- Note)*1: 1C signifies a corner folded 1mm.
Read More Epson EPL-5700 Service Manual on PDF Below