About Epson EPL-5900-5900L Service Manual
This manual describes basic functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance and repair procedures of the printer. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technicians, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page.
Epson EPL-5900-5900L Manual Configuration
This manual consists of six chapters and Appendix.
CHAPTER 1.PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Provides a general overview and specifications of the product.
CHAPTER 2.OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of electrical and mechanical operations of the product.
Describes the step-by-step procedures for the troubleshooting.
CHAPTER 4.DISASSEMBLY / ASSEMBLY
Describes the step-by-step procedures for disassembling and assembling the product.
Provides Epson-approved methods for adjustment.
Provides preventive maintenance procedures and the lists of Epson-approved lubricants and adhesives required for servicing the product.
APPENDIX Provides the following additional information for reference:
- Connector pin assignments
- Electric circuit boards components layout
- Electrical circuit boards schematics
- Exploded diagram & Parts List
Epson EPL-5900-5900L Outline
EPSON EPL-5900 and EPL-5900L are non-impact page printer with semi-conductor laser and electrophotographic technology.
Epson EPL-5900-5900L Features
New compact and lightweight, A4 support engine
Resolution/ printing speed: See table below.
300 dpi / 600 dpi
- With EPL-5900, the standard paper supply consists of the cassette-like universal paper tray (250 sheets) and manual feed tray (one sheet). EPL-5900L is equipped with a 150-sheet paper feed tray.
- EPL-5900 supports an optional 500-sheet lower cassette (A4).
- Toner life: 3,000 pages with the pre-installed Imaging Cartridge and 6,000 sheets with a replaced Imaging Cartridge. Neither the pre-installed Imaging Cartridge nor replaced Imaging Cartridge is interchangeable with that for EPL-5800 or EPL-5800L series.
- The Photoconductor Unit is common to EPL-5900 Series and EPL-5800 Series.
- The face down tray attachment is available as an option.
Note: This attachment is not a general option. It is supplied on user request or tender request. The capacity depends on user environment. This attachment is not described in manuals or catalogs.
- High-speed controller, employing new CPU
- CPU = TMPR4955AF / Clock = 200 MHz
- 8 MB fitted as standard RAM and Expandable up to 136 MB Max.
- PCL6 emulation installed
- Two standard interfaces
- IEEE1284 parallel interface
- USB interface
- Equipped with one Type B interface slot (Level 3 supported)
- Real 1200dpi supported (Only in ESC/Page, PCL6, PostScript 3. Up to 600 dpi supported in other modes)
Note: 1200dpi printing needs much memory then the possibility of running short of memory is high with standard memory.
Recommendation: Extension of 16MB or more.
- EnhancedMicroGray installed (available only in 600dpi and 300dpi. Automatically switched Off when 1200dpi is selected.)
- RITech installed (available only in 600dpi and 300dpi. Automatically switched Off when 1200dpi is selected.)
- New control panel design with 3 switches and 6 LEDs
- Host based controller
- CPU Toshiba TMP95C001 24MHz
- RAM Standard 2MB Expandable up to a maximum of 13 MB (EDO RAM SIMM, access speed 60 ns).
- Two standard interfaces
- IEEE1284 parallel interface (ECP supported)
- USB interface (UBS Revision 1.1, USB ID supported)
- RITech, EnhancedMicroGray functions installed
- Data Compression Technologies
- By sending compressed data from the host computer, almost all data can be printed only with the standard memory.
- High speed processing is realized by use of the expansion circuit hardware.
- Expansion of RAM will enhance the following functions and speed up printing. EnhancedMicroGray printing Increasing the size of the receiving buffer High-speed printing
Read More Epson EPL-5900-5900L Service Manual on PDF Below