About Epson EPL-6200/6200L Service Manual
This manual describes basic functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance and repair procedures of the printer. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technicians, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page.
Epson EPL-6200/6200L Manual Configuration
This manual consists of six chapters and Appendix.
CHAPTER 1.PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Provides a general overview and specifications of the product.
CHAPTER 2.OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of electrical and mechanical operations of the product.
Describes the step-by-step procedures for the troubleshooting.
CHAPTER 4.DISASSEMBLY / ASSEMBLY
Describes the step-by-step procedures for disassembling and assembling the product.
Provides Epson-approved methods for adjustment.
Provides preventive maintenance procedures and the lists of Epson-approved lubricants and adhesives required for servicing the product.
APPENDIX Provides the following additional information for reference:
- Connector pin assignments
- Electric circuit boards components layout
- Electrical circuit boards schematics
- Exploded diagram & Parts List
EPSON EPL-6200 and EPSON EPL-6200L are non-impact page printer with semiconductor laser and electrophotographic technology.
EPSON EPL-6200 and EPSON EPL-6200L ENGINE FEATURES
- A compact and lightweight A4 engine.
- High resolution and high printing speed.
See table below.
Note : The engine itself supports True 1200 dpi, but 1200 dpi is not supported with EPL-6200L.
- With EPL-6200, the standard paper supply consists of the cassette-like universal paper tray (250 sheets) and manual feed tray (one sheet). EPL-6200 supports an optional 500-sheet lower cassette (A4 size). EPL-6200L is equipped with a 150-sheet paper feed tray.
- EPL-6200 supports an optional Duplex Unit (requiring paper loading from the lower cassette).
- Developer Cartridge (toner cartridge)
- New type Developer Cartridge (removal and installation together with the OPC drum)
- CSIC (It detects Toner capacity and brand-new toner automatically.)
- Toner life
- Photoconductor Unit
The Photoconductor Unit can be assembled with the Developer Cartridge (toner
cartridge) into a single unit.
EPSON EPL-6200 CONTROLLER FEATURES
- High-speed controller
- CPU : TMPR4955BFG 200 MHz (Same as for EPL-N2500)
- RAM : 8 MB fitted as standard RAM and Expandable up to 136 MB Max. Exclusive RAM DIMM for EPSON (Same as for EPL-6100)
- Equipped with one Type B interface slot (Level 3 supported)
- Two standard interfaces
- IEEE1284 parallel interface
- USB interface
- Real 1200dpi supported
(Only in ESC/Page, PCL6, PostScript 3. Up to 600 dpi supported in other modes)
NOTE: 1200 dpi printing needs much memory. At 1200 dpi printing, therefore, the possibility of running short of memory is high with standard memory. Recommendation: Extension of 16 MB or more.
- EnhancedMicroGray installed (available only in 600 dpi and 300 dpi. Automatically switched off when 1200 dpi is selected.)
- RITech installed (available only in 600 dpi and 300 dpi. Automatically switched off when 1200 dpi is selected.)
- PCL6 emulation is installed as a standard feature.
- Adobe PostScript3 is installed as a standard feature.
- No optional ROM DIMM slot.
EPSON EPL-6200L CONTROLLER FEATURES
- Host-based controller
- CPU : EPSON 32 bit RISC S1C33000 48 MHz
- RAM : Standard RAM is 2 MB RAM can be not expanded.
- Two standard interfaces
- IEEE1284 compatible parallel interface supporting ECP.
- USB interface (USB revision 1.1, supporting USB ID).
- Data compression technology
- Sending compressed data from a host computer allows printing most of the data with only standard memory.
- An expanded circuit hardware provides high-speed processing.
- No toner save mode
- No 300 dpi mode
- No RITech or PGI (EnhancedMicroGray)
Read More Epson EPL-6200/6200L Service Manual on PDF Below