About Epson EPL-9000 Service Manual
Epson EPL-9000 Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of EPL-9000. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experience repair technician, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as follows:
CHAPTER 1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Provides a general product overview, lists specifications, and illustrates the main components of the printer.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of printer operation.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly and assembly.
CHAPTER 4. ADJUSTMENTS
Includes a step-by-step guide for adjustment.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides Epson-approved techniques for adjustment.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Describes preventive maintenance techniques to service the equipment.
Describes connector pin assignments, circuit diagrams, circuit board component layout.
EPSON EPL-9000 FEATURES
The EPSON EPL-9000 is a non-impact page printer that combines a semi-conductor laser with electro-photographic technology. This printer is small and light, and features high speed, high-resolution printing. Maintenance is very easy as a result of various built-in diagnostic functions. The main features are:
- No ozone
- Printing speed — 8 ppm (pages per minute) (A4 or letter size)
- Resolution — 600/300 dpi (dots per inch)
- Small footprint
- Easy maintenance
- HP@ LaserJet@ 4 emulation mode
- 45 built-in scalable fonts (35 Intellifonts and 10 TrueType fonts)
- ESC/P 2’” emulation
- High-performance controller (the controller’s CPU is a 19.2 MHz SPARKlite (MB86930))
- Bi Resolution Improvement Technology (BiRITech) refines the print quality by eliminating jagged edges from images and characters on 600 dpi and 300 dpi printing.
- Optional EPSONScript Level 2 (PostScript@ compatible) module
- EPSON Micro Gray Technology (EMGTech), which is availabie when using EPSONScript
- Level 2 mode, refines gray scale printing to be comparable to printing on a 12~dpi printer
- Small and low-cost optional LocalTalkTM interface module
- 2 MB standard RAM and up to 64 MB RAM with the addition of optioml SIMMS
- Bidirectional parallel interface
- High-speed serial communication rate of 57.6K bps
- High-speed parallel communication rate of approximately 400 KB/second
- A multi-user, multi-emulation mode
- ES (Intelligent Emulation Switch) allows switching between EPSONScript mode and another mode
- SPL (Shared Printer Language) enables switching of the printer mode by command
EPSON EPL-9000 SPECIFICATIONS
This section provides statistical data for the EPL-9000.
- Printing method: Laser beam scanning and dry electro-photography
- Resolution: 600/300 dpi
- Printing speed: 8 ppm (letter/A4), 5 ppm (B4), 4.3 ppm (A3) by cassette feed
- First printing time: 18.9 seconds (A4 cassette feed) 19.1 seconds (Letter cassette feed) 25.0 seconds (A3 cassette feed)
- Warm-up time: Less than 120 seconds (at rated current and 20° C (68° F) temperature) Paper supply: See Table 1-2.
- The weight in pounds (lb) is determined weigh; 1 g/m2 = 0.2659763 lb.
- The printer can use manual feed for A3, paper by hand.
- When inserting A4, AS, B5, LT, HLT, horizontal.
Read More Epson EPL-9000 Service Manual on PDF Below