About Epson EPL-C8000 Service Manual
This manual describes basic functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance and repair procedures of EPL-C8000. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technicians, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page.
Epson EPL-C8000 manual consists of six chapters and Appendix.
CHAPTER 1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Provides a general overview and specifications of the product.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of electrical and mechanical operations of the product.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY / ASSEMBLY AND ADJUSTMENT
Describes the step-by-step procedures for disassembling/assembling and adjusting the product.
CHAPTER 4. DIAGNOSTICS
Provides Epson-approved methods for diagnostics.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides the step-by-step procedures for troubleshooting
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Provides preventive maintenance procedures and the lists of Epson-approved lubricants and adhesives required for servicing the product.
APPENDIXProvides the following additional information for reference:
- Connector pinassignments
- Electric circuit boards componentslayout
- Electrical circuit boardsschematics
Epson EPL-C8000 Safety Information
To prevent accidents during a maintenance procedure, strictly observe the Warnings and Cautions. Do not do anything that is dangerous or not within the scope of this document. Do not do anything that is dangerous even if not specifically described in this manual. In addition to the descriptions below and those given in this manual, there are many situations and circumstances that are dangerous. Be aware of these when you are working with the printer.
Before starting any service procedure, switch off the printer power and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. If you must service the printer when the power is applied, be aware of the potential for electrical shock and do all tasks by following the procedures in this manual.
If you service a driving assembly (e.g., gears), first turn off the power and unplug the power cord. Then manually rotate the assembly.
The printer is equipped with safety components (e.g., interlock switches, fuses, thermostat) and safety switches for protecting users and service personnel from injury and the equipment from damage.
The printer has two interlock switches, two safety switches and two interlock connectors that serve as the main safety mechanism.
- Front Cover Switch R
This switch is turned off when the Front Cover Assembly is opened. It cuts off the power supply (24VDC, 5VDC-LD) from the power supply unit to stop all operations and disconnects the output (5VDC- LD) circuit from the power supply and stops the laser beam emission. This switch consists of the following two switches:
- A switch that cuts off the power supply (24VDC, 5VDC-LD) to the control circuits and related parts.
- A switch that directly cuts off the power supply circuit (5VDC-LD) to the laser beam output circuit.
- Front Cover Switch L
This is a safety switch. This switch is turned off when the Front Cover Assembly is opened, causing the printer without control units to stop operating.
- Top Cover Switch
This is an interlock switch that directly cuts off the power supply (5VDC-LD) circuit to the laser beam output circuit. This switch is turned off when the Top Cover Assembly is removed, cutting off the output (5VDC-LD) circuit from the power supply unit and stopping the laser beam emission.
- Exit Chute Switch
This switch is a safety switch. This switch is turned off when the Exit Upper Assembly (the cover on the upper left side of the printer) is opened.
- P/J91 (Connector that connects the Main Harness Assembly andRegistration Harness Assembly)
This is an interlock connector that cuts off the power supply (24VDC, 5VDC-LD) to the control circuit and related parts. This connector is disconnected when the Main P/H Assembly (pull- out type unit on the right side of the printer) is pulled out, cutting off the output (24VDC, 5VDC-LD) from the power supply and stopping the printer operation without control units.
- P/J71 (Connector that connects the Fuser Connector and Fuser Harness Assembly)
This is an interlock connector that cuts off the power supply (24VDC, 5VDC-LD) to the control circuit and related parts. This connector is disconnected when the Fuser Assembly (pull-out type unit on the left side of the printer) is pulled out, cutting off the output (24VDC, 5VDC-LD) from the power supply and stopping the printer operation without control units.
Epson EPL-C8000 Feature
EPL-C8000 is a non-impact color page printer that makes the most use of the semi-conductor laser and electrophotographic technology.
- Designed for performance in true business environments. Supports sizes from A5 to A3W. Printing speed (on A4/Letter) is 4ppm for color printing, 16ppm for monochrome printing.
- Supports high-resolution full color (True 600dpi).
- Can generate high-quality prints on special (dedicated) paper.
- Supports thick sheets and OHP (dedicated OHP sheets).
- Easy to maintain.
- 2 Standard paper feed bins= paper tray (150 sheets; A3W) and standard universal cassette (250 sheets: A3). When the optional Large Capacity Paper unit attached, total capacity is up to 1150sheets with 5 bins.
- Standard paper ejection is face down (up to 250 sheets). Face-up ejection is also available (up to 150 sheets).
- Newly developed high-speed controller
- New 64-bit RISC CPU: R4700 - 133MHz
- 4-bit high speed memory: SDRAM DIMM
- 64MB RAM standard: expandable up to 256MB (2 expansion slots)
- Color management technology
- AcuLaser Color Halftoning included
- RGB multivalue input processing (Controller carries out binarization processing: color mapping, color correction, and screening.)
- Enhanced ASIC (AcuLaser Color Halftoning, CCNV)
- Data compression technology
- Multivalue data compression: reduces RAM use and increses host-I/F data transfer speed.
- Firmware Program is executed on the RAM. At the power on, compressed ROM program data is expanded into RAM by lPL in the MASK ROM.
- RAM execution increases processing speed (fast access, 64-bit processing instead of 32-bit)
- Program compression reduces usage of program memory in ROM
- Bi-directional I/F conforms to IEEE1284 ECP
- ECP-based high-speed data transfer (to/from host)
- Printer can return status to host.
- Includes two Type-B interface slots.
- installation of expansion RAM (DIMMs) provides improvements in the following.
- Drawing area for AcuLaser Color Halftoning, Enhanced Micro Gray.
- Print data processing speed
- Includes toner-save mode (color, monochrome)
- ROM update by flash-DIMM installation
- Includes RIT and Enhanced Micro Gray monochrome technologies
- Printer pages: High Speed priority. Color correction and color adjustment can be set for each object. (But 1 resolution and screen type [gradation=LPl] per page.)
- Driver page: Fast processing (on fast PC). Color correction and color adjustment can be set for each object.
- Image: Full color (WYSIWYG).
- Bidirectional EJL can retrieve printer status and monitor the printer environment.
- The following emulation modes are fully compatible with EPL-5700: LJ4, GL2, ESCP2, FX, I239X, and ESC/Page (monochrome).
Epson EPL-C8000 Specifications
This section describes specifications for this printer.
- Method: Semi-conductive laser beam scanning and dry electrophotographic process
- Resolution: 600 DPI
- Print mode:
- B/W mode: Standard monochrome print mode that supports the fastest speed.
- Color mode: Color mode which uses the color toner of Y, M, C, and BK.
- Speed mode:
- Standard mode: Transports paper at the highest speed supported by the printer.
- Half speed mode: Low speed mode that enables better fusing for thick paper (over 105g/m2) envelopes, and OHP sheet.
- Print Speed: See Table 1-1.
- In this mode, the printer prints tow print images on the IBT belt and the images are transferred in sequence onto two sheets of paper. It is available for LT/A4 (LEF) or smaller.
- [LEF, or Long Edge Feed]
The longer edge of the paper is the top toward the paper feed direction. [SEF, or Short Edge Feed] The shorter edge of the paper is the top toward the paper feed direction.
- Face-up B/W: 20 seconds or less (LT/A4 LEF) Color: 42.6 seconds or less (LT/A4 LEF)
- Face-down B/W: 24.9 seconds or less (LT/A4 LEF) Color: 47.6 seconds or less (LT/A4 LEF)
Read More Epson EPL-C8000 Service Manual on PDF Below