About Epson EPL-C8200 Service Manual
Epson EPL-C8200 Service Manual describes basic functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance and repair procedures of the EPSON EPLC8200. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technicians, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page.
Epson EPL-C8200 Manual Configuration
Epson EPL-C8200 Service Manual consists of six chapters and Appendix.
CHAPTER 1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Provides a general overview and specifications of the product.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of electrical and mechanical operations of the product.
CHAPTER 3. DISASSEMBLY / ASSEMBLY AND ADJUSTMENT
Describes the step-by-step procedures for disassembling/assembling and adjusting the product.
CHAPTER 4. DIAGNOSTICS
Provides Epson-approved methods for diagnostics.
CHAPTER 5. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides the step-by-step procedures for troubleshooting.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Provides preventive maintenance procedures and the lists of Epson-approved lubricants and adhesives required for servicing the product.
Provides the following additional information for reference:
- Connector pin assignments
- Electric circuit boards components layout
- Exploded diagram
- Electrical circuit boards schematics
Epson EPL-C8200 Features
The EPSON ColorPage EPL-C8200 is a non-impact color page printer that is designed based on the EPL-C8000. This printer is mainly improved on a controller basis. The main features of the printer are as follows:
Engine features (Same as for EPL-C8000)
- Designed for performance in true business environments. Supports sizes from A5 to A3W. Printing speed (on A4/Letter) is 4ppm for color printing, 16ppm for monochrome printing.
- Supports high-resolution full color (True 600dpi).
- Can generate high-quality prints on special (dedicated) paper.
- Supports thick sheets and OHP (dedicated OHP sheets).
- Easy to maintain for a color laser printer.
- The printer is equipped with the 2 standard paper feed bins; Paper tray (150 sheets; A3W) and standard universal cassette (250 sheets: A3).
- Installing an optional 500-Sheet Paper Cassette Unit provides 4 bins with a maximum capacity of 900 sheets. With a Large Capacity Paper Unit installed, the printer has 5 bins holding up to 1150 sheets.
- Standard paper ejection is face down (up to 250 sheets). Face-up ejection is also available (up to 150 sheets).
Controller features (Specific to EPL-C8200)
- Newly developed high-speed controller
- New 64-bit RISC CPU: R5000- 200MHz
- 64-bit high speed memory: SDRAM DIMM (Same as EPL-C8000)
- 64MB RAM standard: expandable up to 256MB (2 expansion slots) (Same as EPL-C8000)
- Color management technology
Enhanced ASIC supported
- Color management technology included in hardware for faster image manipulation
- AcuLaser Color Halftoning and CRIT (Color RIT) supported
- New compression technology enables further reduction in RAM use compared to EPL-C8000.
- Monochrome print technology
- AcuLaser Color Halftoning (for Color Copy Station 8200) and RIT supported
- Two standard interfaces
- Bi-directional parallel I/F: IEEE1284 compliance, ECP
- Ethernet interface (100Base -TX/10Base-T)
- installation of expansion RAM (DIMMs) improves the following:
- AcuLaser Color Halftoning drawing area
- Print data processing speed
- Toner save mode for both black and monochrome prints enabled.
- ROM update function with a flash DIMM installed (for RCC)
- HDD (Hard Disk Drive) can be installed.
Epson EPL-C8200 Software features
- ESC/Page-Color increases AcuLaser Color Halftoning speed.
- Bidirectional EJL and MIB can retrieve printer status and monitor the printer environment.
- Remote panel function using the Web browser (for JAVA JSSK1.1)
- Electrical sort system with an optional HDD Expanded I/F data buffer size (for Ethernet I/F only) Font registration in the PostScript3 mode
- Full compatibility with the EPL-N2700: LJ4, GL2, 1239X, ESC/Page (monochrome)
- Supports PostScript3 when used with an optional EPSON RIP Station XXXX or Adobe PostScrip 3 Module.
- Used with SC6000 (optional), color copy (EPSON Color Copy Station) is enabled.
- Font Management function by the EPSON FONT Manager Supports 96 screen fonts, including 31 fonts supported by the printer.
Read More Epson EPL-C8200 Service Manual on PDF Below