About Epson EPL-N4000 Service Manual
Epson EPL-N4000 Service Manual describes basic functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance and repair procedures of EPL-N4000. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technicians, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page.
Epson EPL-N4000 Table of Contents
This manual consists of six chapters and Appendix.
CHAPTER 1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Provides a general overview and specifications of the product.
CHAPTER 2. OPERATING PRINCIPLES
Describes the theory of electrical and mechanical operations of the product.
CHAPTER 3. TROUBLESHOOTING
Provides the step-by-step procedures for the troubleshooting.
CHAPTER 4. DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Describes the step-by-step procedures for disassembling and assembling the product.
CHAPTER 5. ADJUSTMENTS
Provides Epson-approved methods for adjustment.
CHAPTER 6. MAINTENANCE
Provides preventive maintenance procedures and the lists of Epson-approved lubricants and adhesives required for servicing the product.
APPENDIX Provides the following additional information for reference:
- Connector pin assignments
- Electric circuit boards components layout
- Exploded diagram
- Electrical circuit boards schematics
Epson EPL-N4000 Safety Information
To prevent accidents during a maintenance procedure, strictly observe the Warnings and Cautions. Do not do anything that is dangerous or not within the scope of this document.
Do not do anything that is dangerous even if not specifically described in this manual. In addition to the descriptions below and those given in this manual, there are many situations and circumstances that are dangerous. Be aware of these when you are working with the printer.
Epson EPL-N4000 Features
EPL-N4000 is non-impact page printer applied with laser xerographic method.
Epson EPL-N4000 ENGINE FEATURES
□ High speed & high reliability A3 engine.
□ Resolution:600 dpi
□ Printing speed:40 ppm(A4)
□ Standard paper supply includes two universal cassettes(500 sheets x2) and manual feed tray(50 sheets)
□ Option support for high-capacity lower tray(500-sheets(A4 to B) + 1000 sheets(A4, Letter, and Executive sizes)
□ Shifter(jogger)fitted as standard
□ Wide range of options(duplex unit, face-up tray, ENV tray, mail box, 3-bin finisher, HDD)
□ High speed controller, employing new CPU CPU VR4700 133MHz
□ SDRAM DiMMs adopted 16MB RAM fitted as standard Expansion to 256 MB
□ Two standard interface IEEE 1284 parallel interfaces Ethernet interface
□ 1 slot for Type B interface
□ PGI (Photo Grade Improvement) fitted
- Emulation installed
- PCL5e, XL(TBD) Paper handling support
- PS level2 (EPSON script) Paper handling support
- ESC/Page PGI support, paper handling support
- FX, ESC/P2,1239X Paper handling support
- ESC/PageC*1, ESC/PC*1 PGI support, paper handling support
*1Requires C version DIMMs installed. C version DIMMs include C version font.
- Firmer can be rewritten via the parallel port. Firmware can be rewritten via the network. (TBD)
- Support range of versions 1 and 2.
- Version1 (TBD)
- Duplex unit (duplex printing function)
- Face-up tray
- High capacity lower cassette
- ENV tray
- Version 2 (TBD) Version 1 plus following:
- Multi bin unit(mailbox, job separator, stacker, sorter functions)
- Finisher (mail box, stacker, stapler functions)
- Version1 (TBD)
Note) Version 1 does not recognize the Mailbox and Finisher and HDD options even if installed.
Epson EPL-N4000 Basic Specification
- CPU: VR4700 133MHz
- RAM: SDRAM
- Synchronous Dynamic RAM Double In-line Memory Module
- 168-pin type, 64 bit with SPD
- Capacity of 16, 32, 64, or 128 MB
- Access speed of 66.66 MHz or Higher
- Height of less than 40mm
- Standard: 16MB(SDRAM DIMMs adopted, 8MB is used for system area, CN8)
- DIMM option: 16MB, 32MB, 64MB(SDRAM, 1 slot, CN9) Up to 256MByte.
- Fonts: 2MB (mounted on the main board), 2MB(ROM DIMM board)
- Program: 6MB (mounted on the Flash ROM DIMM board as 4MB +2MB) Main program and PS
- Expansion ROM:1 ROM DIMM slot C version code and fonts or Local Font or Flash DIMM can be used.
- Host Interfaces:
- Standard: Parallel IEEE 1284 compliant, bidirectional, B-type connector Compatibility, Nibble, ECP Ethernet 100 BaseTX
- Option: Type B slot (1 slot)
- Control Panel:
- Switch: 8 switches
- LED: 6 LEDs
- LCD: 20-character LCD
- HDD option:IDE type. 2GB(TBD). Dedicated format for EPL-N4000. Required when finisher option is used. Can only be used with software version 2.
- Miscellaneous:Mechanical control function not built in.
Read More Epson EPL-N4000 Service Manual on PDF Below