About Epson FX-2170 Service Manual
Epson FX-2170 Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of the FX-2170. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technician, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as follows:
Chapter 1 - Provides a general product overview, Lists specifications, and illustrates the main components of the printer.
Chapter 2 - Describes the theory of printer operation.
Chapter 3 - Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly and assembly.
Chapter 4 - Includes a step-by step guide for addjustement.
Chapter 5 - Provides Epson-approved techniques for troubleshooting.
Chapter 6 - Describes prevetive maintenance techniques.
The contents of this manual are subject to change without notice
Epson FX-2170 Specifications
These specifications provide statistical information for the the FX-2170 serial impact dot matrix printer.
Epson FX-2170 Features
The FX-2170 is a 9-pin serial impact dot-matrix printer suitable for the VAR (value added reseller) market. The major features of this printer are:
- Print speed High speed
- draft 440 characters per second (cps) Draft 330 cps
- LQ 66 cps at 10 characters per inch (cpi)
- Feeding method
- Friction feed (front, rear)
- Push tractor feed (front, rear)
- Push and pull tractor feed (front, rear)
- Pull tractor feed (front, rear, bottom)
- Front push tractor, rear push tractor, CSF bin 1 / bin 2 (optional)
- Pull tractor (optional) , roll paper j holder (optional)
- Paper/media labels, roll paper Single sheets, continuous paper, multipart paper, envelopes, card stock
- 2 LQ and 1 draft bitmap typefaces
- 8 barcode fonts
- Character tables
- Standard version 11 tables
- NLSP version 19 tables
- Input buffer 64KB
- Acoustic noise 55 dB (A), ISO 7779 pattern
- Total print volume 7.5 million lines, except printhead
- MTBF 6000 power on hours (POH)
- Printhead life 200 million characters
- Ribbon life 12 million characters
- Interfaces Bidirectional parallel interface (IEEE-P1284 nibble mode supported) Type B I /F Level 2 (option)
- Control codes ESC/P and IBM 2380/2381 plus emulation
- Copy capability 1 original + 5 copies
- Control panel functions Font, Pitch, Pause, Tear off, Bin, LF/FF, Load/Eject, Micro Adjust, Default setting
Epson FX-2170 Optional Units
|High-capacity cut sheet feeder 1 (bin 1)||C80673*|
|Second bin cut sheet feeder 2 (bin 2)||C80674*|
|Pull tractor unit||C80032*|
|Roll paper holder||#8310|
|Serial I/F card||C82305* / C82306*|
|32KB intelligent serial I/F card||C82307* / C82308*|
|32KB intelligent parallel I/F card||C82310* / C82311*|
|Local Talk I/F card||C82312*|
|32KB IEEE-488 I/F card||C82313*|
|Coax I/F card||C82314*|
|Twinax I/F card||C82315*|
|Ethernet I/F card||C82331*|
Read More Epson FX-2170 Service Manual on PDF Below