About Epson LQ-850 LQ-1050 Service Manual
Precautionary notations throughout the text are categorized relative to 1 ) personal injury, and 2) damage to equipment:
DANGER Signals a precaution which, if ignored, could result in serious or fatal personal injury. Great caution should be exercised in performing procedures preceded by a DANGER headings.
WARNING Signals a precaution which, if ignored, could result in damage to equipment.
The precautionary measures itemized below should always be observed when performing repair/maintenance procedures.
- ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE PRODUCT FROM BOTH THE POWER SOURCE AND THE
- HOST COMPUTER BEFORE PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR PROCEDURE.
- NO WORK SHOULD BE PERFORMED ON THE UNIT BY PERSONS UNFAMILIAR WITH BASIC SAFETY MEASURES AS DICTATED FOR ALL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANS IN THEIR LINE OF WORK. WHEN PERFORMING TESTING AS DICTATED WITHIN THIS MANUAL, DO NOT CONNECT THE UNIT TO A POWER SOURCE UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO. WHEN THE POWER SUPPLY CABLE MUST BE CONNECTED, USE EXTREME CAUTION IN WORKING ON POWER SUPPLY AND OTHER ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS.
- REPAIRS ON EPSON PRODUCT SHOULD BE PERFORMED ONLY BY AN EPSON CERTIFIED REPAIR TECHNICIAN.
- MAKE CERTAIN THAT THE SOURCE VOLTAGE IS THE SAME AS THE RATED VOLTAGE, LISTED ON THE SERIAL NUMBER/RATING PLATE. IF THE EPSON PRODUCT HAS A PRIMARY-AC RATING DIFFERENT FROM THE AVAILABLE POWER SOURCE, DO NOT CONNECT IT TO THE POWER SOURCE.
- ALWAYS VERIFY THAT THE EPSON PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE POWER SOURCE BEFORE REMOVING OR REPLACING PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS AND/OR INDIVIDUAL CHIPS.
- IN ORDER TO PROTECT SENSITIVE /.LP CHIPS AND CIRCUITRY, USE STATIC DISCHARGE EQUIPMENT, SUCH AS ANTI-STATIC WRIST STRAPS, WHEN ACCESSING INTERNAL COMPONENTS.
- REPLACE MALFUNCTIONING COMPONENTS ONLY WITH THOSE COMPONENTS RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER; INTRODUCTION OF SECOND-SOURCE ICS OR OTHER NONAPPROVED COMPONENTS MAY DAMAGE THE PRODUCT AND VOID ANY APPLICABLE EPSON WARRANTY.
Epson LQ-850 LQ-1050 Service Manual describes functions, theory of electrical and mechanical operations, maintenance, and repair of the LQ-850 and LQ-1 050. The instructions and procedures included herein are intended for the experienced repair technician, and attention should be given to the precautions on the preceding page. The chapters are organized as follows:
Chapter 1 - Provides a general product overview, lists specifications, and illustrates the main components of the printer.
Chapter 2 - Describes the theory of printer operation.
Chapter 3 - Discusses the options
Chapter 4 - Includes a step-by-step guide for product disassembly, assembly, and adjustment.
Chapter 5 - Provides Epson-approved techniques for troubleshooting.
Chapter 6 - Describes preventive maintenance techniques and lists lubricants and adhesives required to service the equipment.
l The contents of Epson LQ-850 LQ-1050 Service Manual are subject to change without notice.
FEATURES Epson LQ-850 LQ-1050
The LQ-850/ 1050 printers are multifunctional, 24-pin printhead, impact dot matrix printers The main features of the these printers are:
- Upward compatibility with the LQ-800/l 000
- A maximum print speed of 264 CPS in draft mode at 12 CPI and of 88 CpS in l-Q mode at 12 Cpll Direct selection of font, pitch, and normalfcondensed mode from the control panel 0 Automatic paper-10 adin9/ejectin9 function
- Low-noise acoustics Both 8-bit parallel and RS-232C serial interfaces
- Push and (optional) pull tractor feedin9
- Advanced paper handling:
- Auto backing of fanfold paper and autoloadin9 of cut sheet paper
- Auto ejecting of cut sheet paper and autoloadin9 of fanfold paper
- Printing of fanfold paper without removal of the cut sheet feeder (option)
- Optional interface for the EPSON 8100 series
- Optional low-priced, single-bin cut sheet feeder which cont~ins enveloPe feeding capability
Figure 1-1 shows exterior views of the printers, Table 1- 1 lists optional units available, and Table 1-2 lists the optional interface boards (refer to Chapter 3 for more detailed
Read More Epson LQ-850 LQ-1050 Service Manual on PDF Below