Lux DMH110B Lighted Non-Programmable Thermostat Installation and Operation Manual
Thank you for your trust in our Lux products. To get the best return on your investment, please read instructions and verify your purchase. Follow the installation procedure carefully and save Hints for future reference. This saves you time and minimizes the possibility of thermostat damage or the system it controls.
Lux DMH110B System Compatibility
- This thermostat can be used with most single stage 24 volts: gas, oil or electric heating and cooling systems, single stage Heat pump or gas millivolt heater.
- Cannot be used with: 3-pipe zone valves, 120/240 volt heating elements or multi-stage heat pumps. Ask your dealer for other LUX thermostats to control this system
Lux DMH110B Thermostat Features
- 1-Stage Heat / 1-Stage Cool
- Electronic Accuracy
- Innovative SAVE Feature
- Gas / Elec Fan Option
- Battery Powered Only
- Set Temperature Range 45°F (7°C) degrees to 90°F (32°C) degrees
- Clean, Attractive Design
- LuxLight® Illuminated Display Screen
- Easy to Install
- Large, Easy to Read Display
- F/C Selectable Temperature Display
- Adjustable Temperature Differential / Cycle Rate
- User Temperature Display Calibration
- 5/2 Minute Selectable Minimum Run/Off Time
- On-Screen Low Battery Indicator
- 3-Year Warranty
- No Leveling Required
Lux DMH110B Advanced Features
TEMPERATURE CHANGES: The amount of temperature variation between load and shutdown is changed by adjusting swing adjustment. The default value for this thermostat is #4 and the adjustment range is #1 to #9. Smaller swing number makes temperature control more precise and constant, increasing the number of cycles per hour. Bigger The number of turns causes a greater variation between load and break events and reduces the number of cycles per hour. To adjust the swing setting: Set the thermostat to OFF with the system mode switch and hold SAVE button for at least 5 seconds. When the screen turns into a number, it is the current and that swing setting value can be set using the UP or DOWN button. Otherwise, the thermostat will return to the normal operating screen The button is pressed for 4 seconds.
TEMPERATURE CALIBRATION: This thermostat is calibrated accurately at the factory and will change in most cases Adjustments should not be required. With the calibration function, you can compensate for the room temperature measurement manually to plus or minus 5°F (3°C) degrees from the original value. 0 °F (0 °C) is the default setting. To adjust calibration settings: Set the thermostat to OFF mode using the system mode switch, press UP and DOWN together for at least 2 seconds. When the screen changes to a number, it is the current calibration setting value and can be adjusted with the UP or DOWN button. The thermostat returns to normal operation Screen when no button is pressed for 4 seconds.
Lux DMH110B Installation
REMOVAL OF OLD THERMOSTAT:
- Turn off all heating and cooling components. Don't turn on the power again until all the work is done.
- Remove the front of your old thermostat to open the cable connections.
- Write down the letters printed next to each cable outlet used and the color of each cable what has to do with it. Self-adhesive label is also included.
- Remove the wires one by one carefully, bend them so they don't fall back inside the wall. Be careful not to touch the exposed ends of the wires.
- Loosen the fixing screws on the old thermostat and carefully remove it from the wall.
THERMOSTAT MOUNTING LOCATION:
For replacement installations, install the new thermostat in place of the old one unless the conditions listed below are met.
suggest something else. For a fresh installation, follow these general instructions:
- Mount the thermostat on the indoor wall about 1.5 m above the floor.
- Do not place the thermostat in a place with poor air circulation, such as: B. in a corner, alcove or behind a door, which is usually the case left open.
- Do not install the thermostat in places with abnormal heating or cooling conditions, such as: Example: direct sunlight, above a lamp, television or radiator, or on a wall near an outside door or window.
- Do not place it in a humid environment, which may cause corrosion, which can shorten the life of the thermostat.
- If painting or construction work is still in progress, close the thermostat completely or wait for this work to be completed before installation
Lux DMH110B Installation
- Remove the wire insulation, leaving only 3/8 inch (9.5mm) of bare wire ends and remove corrosion.
- Fill the wall holes with non-combustible insulation to prevent electricity from affecting the normal operation of the thermostat. Operation.
- Feed the wires through the holes in the base of the new thermostat and hold the base against the wall. Try to make peace Lift the screw holes from the previous thermostat and install the fixing screws.
- If the previous hole cannot be used, hold the bottom of the thermostat against the wall so that it looks straight and level (position the base for the best view) and mark the new screw holes. Attach the base to the wall with included screws (if necessary, use the included plastic anchors when attaching to soft materials such as drywall).
Lux DMH110B WIRING TERMINAL CONNECTIONS
- When attaching the wires to the thermostat, please ensure that the bare wire ends are held ALL the way into the terminal block while the screw is being tightened.
- Securely tighten all of the electrical terminal screws, including any unused ones. Be careful not to over tighten the screws, they only need to be snug
Lux DMH110B SYSTEM CONFIGURATION AND SETUP OPTIONS
There is a hardware setting on the board called a "jumper". This setting can be changed from the default setting Value by removing the black cap and replacing the cap so that it is positioned only one (1) metal pin, not both. Closed jumper means The black cap is on both metal pins and the OPEN jumper means the cap is on only one (1) metal pin.
HARDWARE RESET BUTTON: NO jumper settings change anything detected by the thermostat until the white RESET HARDWARE button is displayed The board is pressed. JP1 (SYSTEM): [CLOSED = Furnace, default] This setting is used for most heaters systems other than heat pumps. An example of this arrangement is: Hot natural gas oven Water based heat and oil heat. [ON = heat pump] Use this setting when you have heat Pump (which looks exactly like an external air conditioner but is used for cooling and cooling Warmup).
JP2 (DELAY): [CLOSE = 5 minutes, default] This setting changes the time duration the system must remain on or off before entering an alternate on or off state. IN The main purpose of this arrangement is to protect the equipment by preventing unwanted short circuits or short circuits frequent cycling on/off. [OPEN = 2 minutes] This allows the minimum amount to be reduced the time elapsed between cycles, which may be required to reduce the hot water radiator system exceed.
JP3 (SCALE): [CLOSED = Fahrenheit, default] All temperature values are displayed in degrees F˚. [OPEN = Celsius] This setting displays all temperature values in degrees C˚.
JP4 (FAN): This option is separate from the first three settings shown above. [CLOSE = Gas, Default] This setting allows the heating system itself to control the fan automatically. The types of systems that typically use gas fan settings are: natural Gas stoves, propane stoves and oil stoves. [OPEN=Elec] This setting turns on the system fan when heat is needed and needed for systems that do not control their own fans in HOT mode. Heat pump systems and units with electric heating elements usually require this arrangement.
Lux DMH110B OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
HEAT/OFF/COOL, SYSTEM MODE SWITCH: Set this switch to HEAT to control your heating system and COOL to control it your cooling system. The OFF position disables the heating and cooling modules. AUTO/ON, FAN SWITCH: When this switch is in the AUTO position, the fan fan (if you have one in your system) turns on automatically turns on and off automatically when heating or cooling. In the ON position, the fan works continuously or without the need for heating or cooling, even in OFF mode. UP AND
DOWN KEYS: In HOT or COLD mode, you can use UP and DOWN buttons to raise or lower the device. Temperature. When the thermostat is first turned on, it uses the default temperature of 20°C (20°C) for heating mode and 72°F (22°C) for cooling mode. NOTE: When adjusting the temperature with UP and DOWN button, changes happen immediately and you don't have to press the SAVE button to apply changes.
SAVE BUTTON: By reducing the amount of heating and cooling energy you use, you instantly save money. TO SAVE This feature allows you to easily lower the currently set temperature by 5F (3°C) degrees with just the press of a button in heating mode (or increase the set temperature by 3 °C (5°F) degrees in cooling mode). When you leave the house Press the SAVE button once to put the thermostat in saving mode and the word "SAVE" will appear on the screen. When you return home, press the SAVE button again to cancel save mode and return to the previous sentence. the temperature you are using again. After starting the saving mode, you can adjust the set energy saving temperature using the UP and DOWN buttons. in both directions. Same as above, pressing the SAVE button again will cancel and return to save mode the default temperature used before starting save mode.
BACKGROUND LCD backlight: The display has a backlight to help you see at night or in low-light areas. When any button on the front panel is pressed, the screen will light up for about 10 seconds. Every button press it occurs when the backlight is on, the 10 second timer is reset, making the screen last longer 10 seconds.
Lux DMH110B BATTERY REPLACEMENT
This thermostat operates on two "AA" alkaline batteries. The battery must be cleaned at least once a year (or faster if the battery symbol “LOW BAT” appears on the screen). When the LO BAT icon is displayed, The temperature indication also shows the word "Lo". The battery is on the back of the board and can be Access is obtained by pulling the front of the thermostat directly and releasing it from the wall. On installation For new batteries, we recommend that you use only new Energizer® or DURACELL® size “AA” alkaline batteries. You're welcome Pay attention to the polarity markings inside the battery compartment to ensure proper installation. Once done, set front of the thermostat to the base and press it firmly together.
Readmore and Download Lux DMH110B Lighted Non-Programmable Thermostat Installation and Operation Manual
|: Lux DMH110B Installation and Operation Manual
|: 8 Pages
|: 1 MB