Lux KONO Thermostat Installation Manual
Lux KONO Table of Contents
- Start Here
- Installing with a C-Wire
- Installing without a C-Wire
- Connecting to the Network
Lux Kono Overview
Press the knob when the thermostat is idle to view the menu. Rotate the knob to select an option and press again to confirm.
Behind KONO’s Décor-snapTM cover you will see a small, removable “quick guide” to installation and an icon-key label. The icons represent the display icons of your KONO Smart. You will also find important information for HomeKitTM and WiFi setup. This Lux Kono manual is a comprehensive guide to installation and wiring.
Lux KONO Thermostat Installation
1. Start Here
- Download the LUX Products app on your mobile device and create an account.
- Now set your phone aside and turn off the power to the switches on your heating and cooling system before doing any wiring.
- Make sure your heating and cooling system is off by changing the temperature on your thermostat. Tip: Your system shouldn't make any noise and you shouldn't feel any air coming out of the vents.
- Remove the front of the old thermostat from its base. If you see thick black wires, wire nuts, or a label that says 120-240 VAC or high voltage, your system is not compatible with KONO Smart. Please contact LUX Technical Support at 856.234.8803 before proceeding with the installation. If you don't see the label or the high-voltage cable, you can continue with the installation.
- Use the included cable label to identify which cable is connected to each port on your old thermostat. Take a picture of your current wiring diagram - it may be useful to review this drawing later.
- Confirm if you have C-Wire. If so, please refer to the next page. If not, please go to page 11.
2. Lux Kono Installing with a C-wire
- Identify your system configuration (see connection diagram in application). Possible configurations include:
- Conventional 1H/1C (Y, G, W, R, C)
- Conventional 2H/1C (Y, G, W, W2, R, C)
- Heat pump, single stage (Y, G, R, O/B, C)
- Heat pump with auxiliary heating or dual fuel (Y, G, R, O / B, W, C) If you have only one R line, use the correct clamp. If you have a configuration other than those listed above, please contact LUX Technical Support for assistance with your installation.
- Disconnect each cable from its connector - make sure the cable doesn't fall back against the wall.
- Remove the mounting screws from the old thermostat base. Remove the base from the wall.
- If you want to use decorative panels or wall anchors, you can install them now.
- Remove the KONO Smart from its base. Pull the cable from your wall through the center hole on the KONO Smart Base. Mount the base to the wall with the included mounting hardware.
- Option 1 - Conventional (furnace) Systems: Following the terminal labels marked “Conventional” on the thermostat base, press the lever and insert each labeled wire into the top hole of the corresponding terminal.
- If you have both an RC and RH wire present, then remove the red cap next to the reset button. You can now skip ahead to step 2.8.
- Following the terminal labels marked “Heat Pump” on the thermostat base and referencing your wiring photo, press the lever and insert each labeled wire into the top hole of the corresponding terminal. If your old thermostat did not have a W1 wire but did have a W2 wire, please insert the W2 wire into the W1 terminal.
- If you have both an O wire and a B wire (i.e. in a Trane system), please install the B wire to the “C” terminal. For more detailed directions, please see the wiring diagrams in the appendix or call LUX Technical Support.
- Securely fasten KONO Smart onto its base. Once it has clicked into place, return power to your heating and cooling system.
- After your thermostat powers up, you are ready to configure KONO Smart for your heating and cooling system and connect to a wireless network. Please skip ahead to the “Connecting to the Network” section of this manual on page 15.
3. Lux Kono Installing without a C-Wire Using the Included LUX Power Bridge
For installation without C-wire, you will need to access your furnace.
Installation without C-wire
Hint: helpful videos showing how to wire a thermostat with the LUX
Power Bridge are available at LuxProducts.com/videos
- Starting at your thermostat, confirm that you have one of the system configurations listed below:
- Conventional 1H/1C (Y, G, W, R)
- Conventional 2H/1C (Y, G, W1, W2, R) If you have a different configuration other than what is listed above, please call LUX Technical Support for help with your installation.
- Remove each wire from its terminal – make sure that they do not fall down back into the wall.
- Remove the mounting screws from the base of the old thermostat.
- Remove the base from the wall. If you would like to use the trim plate or wall anchors, you can install them now.
- Separate KONO Smart from its base. Pull the wires from your wall through the center hole of the KONO Smart base. Secure the base to the wall using the included mounting hardware.
- Following the terminal labels marked “Power Bridge” on the thermostat base, press the lever and insert each labeled wire into the top hole of the corresponding terminal. Connect as follows:
- Y Wire Terminal 1
- W Wire Terminal 2
- R Wire Terminal 3
- G Wire Terminal 4
- Securely fasten KONO Smart onto its base.
- Go to your furnace – remove the door or panel and locate your control board or transformer. In most cases, there should be four wires running from the furnace to your thermostat – Y, G, W, and R. If you have additional wires, leave them as is.
- Step 3.9:
- Matching the letters, label the wires connected to your furnace with the included white Power Bridge wire labels. Take a picture of the wiring at your control board.
- Disconnect these wires from the control board.
- Open the Power Bridge and insert each of your old wires into the corresponding numbered terminals in the Power Bridge.
- Finally, insert the Power Bridge wires (with the colored labels) into the corresponding terminals on your furnace control board.
- Secure the LUX Power Bridge to your furnace. If you had to remove a panel or door to access your control panel, replace it now.
- Return power to your heating and cooling system. If your system, including your thermostat, does not power up please call LUX Technical Support.
After KONO Smart powers up, you are ready to configure it for your heating and cooling system and connect to a wireless network.
Readmore and Download Lux KONO Thermostat Installation Manual
|Title||: Lux KONO Thermostat Installation Manual|
|Pages||: 24 Pages|
|File Size||: 1 MB|