LUX T40-1143SA INSTALLATION AND OPERATING Manual
LUX T40-1143SA Heating and Cooling Thermostat Installation and Operation Instructions
LUX T40-1143SA Manual - A thermostat can only control temperature near it. Ifyou find that iis uncomfortable. some distance away from the thermostat, change the setting in order to compensate for this.
LUX T40-1143SA Spesification
- ELECTRICAL RATING
24 Vac (30 Vac Maximum)
- SWITCH ACTION
Open contact switch
- ANTICIPATOR RATING
(HEATING) 0.15A to 1.2A
(COOLING) Fixed 24 VAC
- TEMPERATURE RANGE
50°F to 90°F
LUX T40-1143SA THERMOSTAT LOCATION
For accurate temperature control and comfort, correct location is very important. On new installations, the guidelines listed below should be followed as closely as possible. When replacing an old thermostat, install the new one in the same location unless these conditions suggest otherwise.
- Locate the thermostat on an inside wall about five feet above the floor, where it is easy to install and adjust. It should be in a room that is used often, such as a family room.
- Do not install it where there are unusual heating conditions, such as direct sunlight, close to a lamp, radio, television, radiator, register, near a fireplace, or other heat producing appliance. Also, check for hot water pipes within the wall, or a stove on the other side of the wall.
- Do not locate in unusual cooling conditions, such as on an outside wall, or one separating an unheated room, or in drafts from stairwells, doors, or windows.
- Do not locate in a damp or humid area. This can shorten thermostat life due to corrosion.
- Do not locate where air circulation is poor, such as in a corner, alcove, or behind an open door.
- Do not install until all construction work and painting have been completed.
LUX T40-1143SA TOOLS REQUIRED
Wirestripper or knife, drill with 3/16" bit, screwdriver, level and a pencil.
INSTALLING LUX T40-1143SA NEW THERMOSTAT
- Place new decorative wall plate (if supplied), Figure 4, over wall opening. Decorative wall plate can optionally be left off.
- Remove Front Cover of new thermostat by inserting a finger in the side of the thermostat and gently prying away each corner. Remove Base, Figure 2, from Sub- Base, Figure 3, by loosening three captive screws.
- Place Sub-Base, Figure 3, on wallplate over wall opening. Mark wall with pencil at mounting holes as shown in Figure 2. Now lay wallplate and Sub-Base to the side.
- Drill two holes with 3/16” bit, 1” deep.
- Insert plastic screw anchors into drilled holes, flush with wall surface.
- Bring wires through large hole in decorative wall plate and through Hole For Wires in Sub-Base.
- Referring to your notes and the following diagrams, attach wires to terminal screws shown in Figure 2. Make sure bare metal wires do not touch each other. Push all excess wire back into wall.
- Place Base, Figure 3, over Sub-Base and attach by tightening three captive screws.
- Fasten loosely to wall using two mounting screws. Place a level against the bottom of the Base, adjust until it is level and then tighten mounting screws to secure.
- Find anticipator setting on old thermostat. Setting on new thermostat should be the same. Do this by carefully sliding the long pointer , Figure 2, over desired number printed on the anticipator. If old anticipator setting cannot be determined, look on gas control on furnace, or set at at .6. During heating season, furnace should operate about five times an hour. If adjustments are necessary, move heat anticipator pointer slightly and recheck. NOTE: Set pointer to 1.2 for millivolt systems.
- Attach front cover, Figure 1, to base.
- Turn electricity and gas back on and set pointer on top of thermostat to desired temperature.
- FOR HEATING: Set slide switch to “Heat”. Set fan switch to “Auto”.
- FOR COOLING: Set slide switch to “Cool”. Set fan switch to “Auto”.
- FAN: For continuous blower operation, set switch to “ON”. For automatic blower operation set fan switch to “Auto”. Thermostat will then cycle the blower “on” anf “off”
LUX T40-1143SA Wiring
Readmore and Download LUX T40-1143SA INSTALLATION AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
|Title||: LUX T40-1143SA INSTALLATION AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS|
|Pages||: 2 Pages|
|File Size||: 1 MB|
Read Also: Lux Thermostat Manual