Trane XR202 Thermostat Manual - The XR202 knows what you need, when you need it, when it comes to your temperature control. This traditional thermostat automatically alternates between heating and cooling settings based on the temperature inside, without you lifting a finger. Plus, it lets you know when you need to change your filter. The XR202 boasts impressive features for homeowners to enjoy such as simple and easy programming, soft key controls, and easy battery access.
Trane XR202 Thermostat Manual, Programmable Thermostat TCONT202AS11MA Installation and User Guide
Trane XR202 Programmable Thermostat Spesification
|Size||3-3/4” x 6” x 1-1/8 (HxWxD)|
|Configurations||Heat / Cool|
|Maximum Number of Stages||1H, 1C|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 105°F (0 to +41°C) / 90% RH Non Condensing|
|Shipping Temperature Range||-20 to 150°F (-29 to +65°C)|
|Input Power (DC)||Two 1.5V AA Alkaline|
|Input Power (AC)||20 - 30 VAC, NEC Class ll, 50/60 HZ|
|Wire Usage||18 AWG|
|System Modes||Heating, Cooling, Off|
|Fan Modes||Auto, On|
|Cooling Setpoint Temperature Range||45°F to 99°F, 1°F resolution|
|Heating Setpoint Temperature Range||45°F to 99°F, 1°F resolution|
|Temperature Display Range||32°F to 99°F, 1°F resolution|
|Minimum Cycle Off Time Delay||Compressor: 5 minutes, Indoor Heat; 1 minute|
|Terminal Load||1.0A per terminal, 1.5A maximum all terminals combined|
|Operating Ambient||32°F to +105°F (0° to +41°C)|
|Shipping Temperature Range||-20°F to +150°F (29° to +65°C)|
|Heat (@ 6°F/Hr)||0.5°F||0.75°F||1.9°F|
|Cool (@ 6°F/Hr)||0.9°F||1.2°F||1.7°F|
|THERMOSTAT APPLICATION GUIDE|
|Thermostat Applications||Maximum Stages Heat/Cool|
|Gas, Oil, Electric, (mV and 24V), Heat Only, Cool Only or Heat/Cool Systems||1/1|
Trane XR202 Overview
The 202 is a programmable push button single stage thermostat with a 3.5’’ backlit display. The 202 features a scheduling mode that can operate a 7-day program, 5-1-1 program or operate in a non-programmable mode.
Trane XR202 Installation
The 202 is designed for installation in climate controlled living spaces. Place the unit in a central location with good circulation. For proper temperature sensing, avoid exposing the 202 to heat radiated from lamps, sun light, fireplaces or any other radiant heat source. Avoid locations close to windows, behind doors or alcoves with poor air circulation, adjoining outside walls, or doors that lead to the outside.
Select a location that prevents the 202 from being directly exposed to air currents from supply registers or ceiling fans. Mount the Control on a section of interior wall that does not contain hot or cold water pipes or duct work.
Mounting / Installation
- Follow these steps to mount the 202 Control to the wall. Turn OFF all power to heating and cooling equipment.
- If an existing thermostat is being replaced:
- Record color and terminal marking of each wire.
- Disconnect the wires from the existing thermostat being careful not to allow them to fall back into the wall.
- Remove the existing thermostat from the wall.
- Pull the thermostat body off the thermostat base. Forcing or prying on the thermostat will cause damage to the unit.
- Move base over hole in wall and mark mounting hole locations on wall using base as template. (See Fig. 1)
- Move base out of the way. Drill mounting holes. If you are using existing mounting holes pull thermostat wire bundle through the hole in the thermostat base. Mount sub-base to wall. Leveling is for appearance only and will not affect thermostat operation.
- Connect wires to terminal block on base using appropriate wiring diagram.
- Push excess wire into wall and plug hole with a fire resistant material (such as fiberglass insulation) to prevent drafts from affecting thermostat operation.
- Two “AA” alkaline batteries are included in the thermostat at the factory with a battery tag to prevent power drainage
- Remove the battery tag to engage the batteries
Trane XR202 Battery Location
Premium AA alkaline batteries are required when C-wire is not available. When C-wire is available, the batteries provide a back-up source of power (this will maintain the clock in the event of a power outage).
If the system is a heat pump or electric furnace, the GAS/ELEC Switch must be set to Electric. If your system is a gas or oil furnace, the switch must be set to Gas.
RC/RH Jumper Wire
This thermostat electrically connects the RC and RH terminals so a jumper wire is not required. If the application provides a separate wire for RC and RH, clip the RC/RH jumper. This will isolate both terminals so they can be independently used.
O/B Terminal Switch
The O/B switch on this thermostat is factory set to the O position. This will accommodate the majority of heat pump applications, which require the changeover relay to be energized in Cool. If the heat pump being installed requires a B terminal, to energize the changeover relay in Heat, the O/B switch must be moved to the B position. To enable single stage heat pump operation a jumper must be field installed between Y and W. The 202 does not support auxiliary heat.
Readmore and Download Trane XR202 Thermostat Manual
|Title||: Trane XR202 Thermostat Manual|
|Pages||: 12 Pages|
|File Size||: 1,5 MB|