Trane XT500C Deluxe Programmable Heat Pump Thermostat Owners Guide
Trane XT500C Deluxe Programmable Heat Pump Thermostat FEATURES
- Worry-free programming.
- Comfort-R Comfort Enhancement Process a unique Trane feature.
- Adaptive Intelligent Recovery Control for comfort and energy savings.
- Wake, Leave, Return and Sleep at the comfort level you select.
- Customize the program schedule program your own schedule to fit your needs.
- Continuous comfort and energy savings adjust the schedule as often as you like.
- Temporary schedule override set the thermostat higher or lower for the current program schedule.
- Vacation mode (1 to 255 days) for added comfort and energy savings. Set the temperature higher or lower for energy savings while on vacation. At the same time, set the comfort level you want when you return.
- Permanent schedule overrideÑset the thermostat higher or lower indefinitely.
- Set the filter indicator (0, 7, 14, 21, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 180, 270, or 360 days) to remind you to change the filter.
- Information at the press of a button use the Information Key to find out the outdoor temperature (optional accessory), the current setpoints, or the filter status.
- No batteries needed your thermostat retains the schedule for the life of the product. You never have to reprogram the schedule even after a power outage. (The day and time may need to be reset after an extended power outage.)
- Set or reset the day and time as needed you can even set Daylight Savings Time.
FEATURES YOU'LL WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT
Comfort-R Comfort Enhancement System Comfort can best be described as the proper balance of temperature and relative humidity, also known as your comfort index. The greatest level of comfort is achieved when the temperature and relative humidity are in balance with your body. When the relative humidity is low, you feel comfortable at a higher temperature. Likewise, when the relative humidity is high, you feel comfortable only at a lower temperature. However, if the relative humidity becomes too high, then true comfort cannot be achieved at any temperature.
The Comfort-Rª system is specifically designed to enhance the moisture removal process of your air conditioning system and to make the air drier. This system is so unique, it received a patent from the U.S. Patent Office. During times of high relative humidity, as well as during mild weather, the Comfort-R system increases the moisture removal ability of your airconditioning system. This results in a lower relative humidity inside your home, which in turn, allows you to feel more comfortable. The resulting lower relative humidity also allows you to maintain the temperature setting on your thermostat at a higher temperature.
Trane XT500C Deluxe Programmable Heat Pump Thermostat CUSTOMIZING
Program Options Set-Up by Your Trane Dealer
Your Trane dealer has programmed your thermostat using the options checked below. For example, your thermostat displays temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit if the checkbox next to Fahrenheit (°F) is checked. Contact your Trane dealer to reprogram any of the options listed. NOTE: If no options are checked, those listed in the first column are the factory settings on your thermostat. Refer to the Definitions section for a description and comparison of Adaptive Intelligent Recoveryª Control (a Honeywell trademark) to Conventional recovery.
GETTING AROUND THE KEYBOARD
The keyboard is located behind the thermostat cover. Three frequently used keys are located next to the display (Increase temperature setting, Decrease temperature setting, and Information key). The thermostat displays important information such as day, time, schedule period, temperature, filter indicator, system and fan operation.
The Emergency Heat feature allows you to turn on the electric heat section of the system by moving the system switch to the Em. Ht. position. The LED lights and the thermostat displays Em. Ht. when the system calls for emergency heating. The thermostat may also display Aux. Ht. if the system calls for additional back-up heating (see figure to right). When the heat pump requires servicing, the LED lights and the system automatically activates emergency heat. After contacting your service technician, clear the LED signal by moving the system switch to Em. Ht. then back to Heat or Auto.
The auxiliary heaters assist the heat pump under normal conditions when low outdoor temperature occurs. The auxiliary heaters may also operate while in the recovery mode to maintain comfort level. The thermostat displays Aux. Ht. (see figure above) when the auxiliary heating equipment operates.
Readmore and Download Trane XT500C Deluxe Programmable Heat Pump Thermostat Owners Guide
|Title||: Trane XT500C Deluxe Programmable Heat Pump Thermostat Owners Guide|
|Pages||: 68 Pages|
|File Size||: 1 MB|